Stuff about kpop fanfics that makes me cringe

• I have sometimes read kpop fanfics just for fun. (mostly ATEEZ ones)

Well... for some of you, it might be like "it makes me cringe, because it uses real people as characters", but I'm not going to get into that part.

I'm going to start talking about when fanfic writers use Korean words just because it is a kpop fanfic.

I don't mind if "oppa", "unnie", "sunbae" and other similar words are used, but if they say stuff like "Jebal kajima, Jungkook, wae do you have to go?" then I'm like nope and be thinking that they could have said "Please don't go, Jungkook, why do you have to go?"

I once read a fanfic where Wooyoung and Yeosang kept calling Seonghwa "eomma" in the beginning of the fanfic, and it made me cringe, but I did actually enjoy reading that fanfic though. (even though it had some characters falling for their love interest too quickly)

I also cringe when I see bad grammar and spellings.

I find it understandable when it is a person, whose native language isn't English. (for me, it is also not my first language)

Well... one of the first fanfics that I had written in English had me writing "discusting" and "frigde"

But I cringe sometimes when I see it.

I do understand that some writers can do this mistake once in a while, but then there are the ones that have a lot of it.

Overly clarified picture on the thumbnail.

I watch fanfic videos on youtube sometimes.

And sometimes they have weird thumbnails or have heavily editted photos of a kpop star.

When abuse and stuff get romanticized...

I haven't read many of those, but it is weird when some people write fanfics where some kpop star is supposed to be some toxic love interest.

I have come across a few "yandere" fanfics before.

I'm just thinking "Who on earth would even enjoy reading that stuff?"

It also makes me cringe a bit when someone in a fanfic does something which I consider a red flag, like there was one fanfic I once read where a kpop star forces a kiss on Y/N after learning that she is getting in an arranged marriage to someone else (for some reason, it felt like a red flag to me.)

And then there is also the mafia fanfics...

I have often come across fanfic videos and stuff where the title is "When your mafia boyfriend finds out you're pregnant " and "when you are in an arranged marriage with a mafia boss" (those are made-up titles BTW)

I feel like there are too many of them.

And they kind of also romanticize those things.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!