HYBE didn't say all of BTS members are gonna enlist next year

• They don't have a definite answer for Jungkook since he doesn't have to enlist until 2027.He can come back and do a world tour with the members in 2025. But IMO, it is better to get the military service out of the way.

Approved the thread.
  • i think that jk will enlist in 2027. he can focus now on his solo, then on group activities from 2025-27 and then finally enlist in 2027

• Wbk that why'd they enlist instead of promoting as soloists when they still have the time? After enlistment Hybe will surely make them do group works. Let them enjoy their solos. Particularly, younger ones, they are so popular with no solo works they deserve it to shine as soloists.

• You know what? You right.

Cuz if that's the case, then half of them would actually be hack in 2024😗.

So I do think the maknae line and maybe RM could enlist in 2024 instead, so they can come back in 2025.

but I agree, get it out the way, so they all could be back as a group dominating again

• it doesn't matter whether they all enlist or only focus on solos because HYBE is pushing SVT to take BTS' place. It's been pretty obvious where most of the HYBE stans and casual ARMY were pushed to.

• it doesn't matter whether they all enlist or only focus on solos because HYBE is pushing SVT to take BTS' place. It's been pretty obvious where most of the HYBE stans and casual ARMY were pushed to.

Oh? and how are they being pushed? And I am not talking about the conspiracy theory you got living in your mind, I'm talking actual examples.

• Oh? and how are they being pushed? And I am not talking about the conspiracy theory you got living in your mind, I'm talking actual examples.

They probably saw SVT surpassing BTS's sales in Japan this year to make this conspiracy theory

• Sometimes I think the fans think too naively. It was stated in the HYBE documents that BTS's contract would expire in 2024. Time freezes while members are in the military. In other words, when they return from the military in 2025, they will only have 1.5 years. So, if BTS signs or has already signed a 3rd contract, they will never let JK enlist in the army in 2027 and put the group another hiatus.

How is it forcing them when they need 20 versions of their album to even catch up with BTS? That means they don't have enough fans to buy those albums without inflating the numbers.

What Hybe may be doing is trying to get as much sales as they can from every group to make up the 1/3 of the cash flow which Hybe will lose when BTS enlist. None of them can meet the amount of cash flow BTS brings to Hybe. Let's not even talk about tours. SVT is doing well. Good for them but it's still very low compared to what BTS could have gotten if they were touring. Never mind, compare that with their BTS 2019 tour. They don't even come close.

• Do you think JK will be applying for deferment? Because, if he's not, He's supposed to enlist 2025, 2026 at the latest

• All the members had applied and received deferment last year, upto 30 years of age

All, except JK, are sure to enlist next at the latest right? So that means practically all hyungs cancelled their deferment? With the 95 liners already enlisting ahead of their required period to enlist, I don't think JK is going in a completely different direction.

• Sometimes I think the fans think too naively. It was stated in the HYBE documents that BTS's contract would expire in 2024. Time freezes while members are in the military. In other words, when they return from the military in 2025, they will only have 1.5 years. So, if BTS signs or has already signed a 3rd contract, they will never let JK enlist in the army in 2027 and put the group another hiatus.

Oky so contract expires in 2024 if jk doesn't enlist then his contract will end in 2024 how's Hybe certain he'll renew?

• Oky so contract expires in 2024 if jk doesn't enlist then his contract will end in 2024 how's Hybe certain he'll renew?

But the contract period freezes while the members are in the military. So that's why JK should have enlisted in 2023 so that when he comes back in 2025 he'll have time. If he doesn't enlist in 2023, the group will need to renew their contracts a third time before Jin enlists, or soon after they all return.

• But the contract period freezes while the members are in the military. So that's why JK should have enlisted in 2023 so that when he comes back in 2025 he'll have time. If he doesn't enlist in 2023, the group will need to renew their contracts a third time before Jin enlists, or soon after they all return.

I don't get it, do they have a collective contract as a group? Even if jk doesn't enlist contract will be freezes because other members are enlisted? I don't think thats how it should work.

• I don't get it, do they have a collective contract as a group? Even if jk doesn't enlist contract will be freezes because other members are enlisted? I don't think thats how it should work.

No, they sign contracts individually. But because they do this in 2018 at the same time, the contract durations are the same. That's why all members' contracts will expire in June 2024. While Jin is in the military, the others' contracts do not freeze. That's why HYBE is trying to get them all to enlist in 2023 so they can come back as a group in 2025. If Jungkook doesn't enlist in 2023 like the others, he has to individually renew his contract in 2024. HYBE always plans its plans from 2 years advantage. Therefore, in order to plan for the future, the group must renew their contracts either before Jin enlists or after they all return from the military.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!