So I watched the NCT Dream Movie

• And I nearly cried.

Spoilers, obviously.

So I'm not an NCTzen, nowhere close. But my interest was piqued when I saw the announcement of their movie, mainly because it's a movie and I do love some of Dream's songs. My interest then skyrocketed when I saw it was airing at my local cinema, so I instantly booked tickets.

Now, the performances were great. What Dream has is such great musicality and I love how they express their songs (no matter how bad or good they are) with their voices and bodies. I enjoyed Quieten Down, Glitch Mode, My First And Last and the songs following it (I especially enjoyed their past selves).

If I do have any criticism, the interviews in the first half were pretty glorified, it felt like a perfect example of a K-pop group you know. I was kinda looking forward to hearing their hardships, which we did hear sometimes, I just wish I saw their difficult times with preparing the concert. So the first half of the movie was pretty good. I loved hearing about the members as well.

Then there was the fan section, of Dream listening to their fans. I don't know, but I was immensely touched. I know a lot of K-pop fans think that their supportive comments of their favourite idols go over their heads, but watching NCT Dream listen and read their fans' messages touched my fans. It made me realise that, yes, idols do care about their fans and that they love the support they got. Then the best set was performed: Hello Future and Trigger the Fever. It was euphoric. Tears welled, but I didn't cry. However in my head I was crying a fucking waterfall. Songs like Hello Future and Trigger the Fever are such bright and positive tracks, especially Hello Future that was an escape from lockdown in 2021. So hearing it, idk it made me proud of myself for getting through so much (lockdown was a pretty scary experience for me). And seeing the members have such fun just made me a bit emotional. The second half of the movie itself was amazing; There were more shots of the members having fun, interacting with each other and fans it was great.

The movie ended with Hot Sauce. I hate the song, but I got up and danced to it because it was such an amazing experience. For the first time I was lip-syncing the lyrics. It is a great movie, even as a non-fan it did move my heart a bit.

BEYBLADE Here are my thoughts!

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!