Good Parts, Impurities, Antifragile, Sour Grapes and Fearless ARE cultural resets

• HYBE LABELS girl groups are something new to K-Pop

These songs are all an era of their own.

They make actual commentary on what it really is like to realistically date in the human world, something that K-Pop is largely devoid of.

Let me break them down in no particular order:

Good Parts- a song about finding self love. The good IN the bad, not the good inSTEAD of the bad. This song floats from verses to choruses to bridge, to outro so perfectly. It has the same cleanliness to it as Palette by IU in my opinion.

The lyrics in the end are really moving to me for some reason, especially when Yunjin softly sings “Cause i dont wanna blame my weakness inneun guesaeroye nareul saranghallae” because it really speaks to coming to terms with your imperfections and insecurities as part of the whole person that you love, not just the “good part”

Impurities- this song has a similar theme, but instead of floating through the song structure the lyrics strut through brassed up beats with a little more demand to each line they land. This song is more excited to show you what some may deem as a dark side, but its finding power in your insecurities. Feeling sexy as you drop your shirt and theres still a stretch mark showing, and i’m still hot. This acne scar that you have to look at every day when you stare into my eyes, its sexy. Can. You. See??? It has a coolness to it that almost feels like you don’t care how your partner views your impurities, because those are the things that individualize you and YOUR sexy. This song is Good Parts older sister.

Antifragile and Fearless again are hand in hand. Anthems of self assurance, which is very important in the current climate of the world. Number one- im not afraid

Number two- im not fragile

The beat to fearless makes it very much a runway song. Antifragile is playing while i run and dance at the club (in colombia like rosalia please do a remixed verse into this song)

And Le Sserafim’s magnum opus (so far)

Sour Grapes- this is a song that comes with knowledge. A willing ignorance because you know better than to try. Love burns, so why touch the fire? Even the most ripe fruit will one day go rot, so i choose not to eat any of the fruit. This particular song actually speaks to me on such a different level because i am certainly a hopeless romantic. Ive been burnt so bad that i tore through men on dating apps like they were toys for a night, but I’ve also met men who seemed so right for me but i just knew that this grape would one day become sour and so i chose not to bite (a second time :wink: )

Le Sserafim said “were grown”

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Um the great mermaid and no celestial are bangers too :pepestare: I’ll never get why so many people don’t like the great mermaid when it’s such a bona fide bop omg

I dont love rock elements in pop typically so that’s where my adversity to No Celestial comes in, and Great Mermaid is great also, but tbh ive been so transfixed with Sour Grapes that i always forget to get there in my playlists ;judgingpepe:

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!