Hybe filed a copyright application for "Borahae" under the company's name & the IPO rejected it & acknowledged it was created by Kim Taehyung

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

FecYC0OacAANdeM?format=jpg&name=900x900

External Content twitter.com

Reason why the Korean Intellectual Property Office rejections : This applied trademark cannot be registered because it is a trademark applied against *the principle of Bona fides as follows. (*The Principle of Bona fides refers to the principle that in ethical norms, everyone should act sincerely so as not to waste each other's trust as a member of social common life. This is a general principle of law that regulates and governs not only contract law but also all legal relations.) The intellectual property rights of Borahae belong to Kim Taehyung.

"Borahae" is a newly coined term that began at a BTS fan meeting on November 13, 2016, when BTS member V (Kim Taehyung) said, "Borahae means to trust the other person until the end and love each other for a long time like purple, the last color of a rainbow."

Application is recognized as having applied for the same and similar trademark, knowing that the applicant (HYBE) was aware that the trademark was used by others through a contractual relationship such as partnership, employment, or business transactional relationship. Accordingly, this trademark application falls under the provisions of Article 34 (1) No. 20 of the Trademark Act.

:pepe-tea:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I have a question, since its not trademarked by Tae, and the IPO won't give Hybe the trademark because they are not the original creators, does it mean other companies can use it without applying for the trademark and not get sued?

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• I wanna know too!

Since the IPO sees Kim Taehyung as the creator of the sentence, I guess it wouldn't be accepted even if another company applied to trademarked the same name.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• My question is why hasn't he claimed the trademark yet? I own a few trademarks,patents etc and I went and got them asap. This situation isn't like it's new he knew he made i pruple you, the members even said he should trademark it in a live with him present. So why wait? I know he isn't stupid and right now BTS is on hiatus so he has time. His company trying to steal it from him is normal, he's incredibly lucky and i really mean that. The trademark office denied hybe because they acknowledge he made it. That's unprecedented because often trademarks patents etc are firt come first serve and companies will do anything to steal from you just like how many agencies trademark an idols name etc. Usually if someone stole your shit you'd spend days or months in court showing all your work to prove you made xyz first. He's lucky the trademark office likes BTS, cause they very well could have given it to hybe since he's never once claimed ownership or filed officially for it. If it were anyone else that shit would have been stolen by the company legally.

• I have a question, since its not trademarked by Tae, and the IPO won't give Hybe the trademark because they are not the original creators, does it mean other companies can use it without applying for the trademark and not get sued?

If they are going to use it in any commercial product or advertisement, they have to trademark it. For this reason, I don't think that other companies' applications will be accepted, since IPO sees Kim Taehyung as the creator of the sentence.

• My question is why hasn't he claimed the trademark yet? I own a few trademarks,patents etc and I went and got them asap. This situation isn't like it's new he knew he made i pruple you, the members even said he should trademark it in a live with him present. So why wait? I know he isn't stupid and right now BTS is on hiatus so he has time. His company trying to steal it from him is normal, he's incredibly lucky and i really mean that. The trademark office denied hybe because they acknowledge he made it. That's unprecedented because often trademarks patents etc are firt come first serve and companies will do anything to steal from you just like how many agencies trademark an idols name etc. Usually if someone stole your shit you'd spend days or months in court showing all your work to prove you made xyz first. He's lucky the trademark office likes BTS, cause they very well could have given it to hybe since he's never once claimed ownership or filed officially for it. If it were anyone else that should would have been stolen by the company

Taehyung has repeatedly said that Borahae is something special between Army and BTS. That's why I think he didn't apply. Companies trying to make money off this sentence, not Taehyung. At least until now.

• Taehyung has repeatedly said that Borahae is something special between Army and BTS. That's why I think he didn't apply. Companies trying to make money off this sentence, not Taehyung. At least until now.

Well he needs to go apply for it because THIS time he got lucky. Most people who invent something don't get shit like this happening for them. If you don't defend your IP it can legally be "stolen" from you.

• No, we were asking if it can be used by other companies without trademark - they wouldn't apply for it, they'd just use it freely since it's not trademarked.

Yeah they could it isn't trademarked and so far from my understanding of a previous quote by him he's not looking to own it. That being said anyone could "legally" use it, and if he sued some ip lawyer's would eat him for breakfast and 🤡🤡🤡🤡 world him into a massive counter suit which they will likely win. So to fix that from ever happening he should just go officially file for ownership

• No, we were asking if it can be used by other companies without trademark - they wouldn't apply for it, they'd just use it freely since it's not trademarked.

Then I wish luck to the company that will try to use it without paying or getting permission from Kim Taehyung. Because Armys, which even blocked HYBE in this regard, will eats those companies alive. 8)

• Well he needs to go apply for it because THIS time he got lucky. Most people who invent something don't get shit like this happening for them. If you don't defend your IP it can legally be "stolen" from you.

Yup, I hope this refusal will force HYBE to cooperate with Taehyung on this. Like other companies, HYBE tries to collect everything under its own brand. Almost nothing of BTS, including the naming rights, belongs to members.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!