AB6IX "Sugarcoat" / Take a Chance Album Discussion

• Is the song enjoyable 1

1. Bop (1) 100%
    2. Flop (0) 0%

No one has made a thread about this yet and we need to normalize dicussing the non big 4 comebacks otherwise no one is going to give a sh*t when our small faves comeback either.

This is the title:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is the rest: (Yes it's the illegal upload, but its ok)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What do I think about it? Well I can't really remember the song but I remember thinking it's has a bit of an unconventional structure and Daehwi looks really weird in the music video with his contacts or maybe it's just the angle which his face is being filmed makes it look bloated. (No offense)

I couldn't really get the "appeal" of the song the first time but I think that is normal for AB6IX, they are the archetype that is more like artists than trying to be mass appealing.

KstationTV makes <<an article>> about what this comeback is about:

the title track “Sugarcoat” features lyrics that metaphorically express feelings of love by comparing his favorite partner to sugar and his sweet taste.

This new EP album is composed of 6 titles, the main one called “Sugarcoat”, followed by titles such as “Paranoia” of a slightly more hiphop genre, “Weightless” more alternative pop, “Complicated” pop RnB, “Resonance” Electro hiphop, “Crow” which is more hiphop RnB and finally “Chance” in Korean version.

Play my thread game in arcade

Edited once, last by Help1: add what this is about ().

• Oh? I think I really like this?

Like... that chorus is delicious. It feels unusual, but I like it. It's kind of futuristic and groovy.

This is kind of delightful. :)

I'll admit though, the MV had me mesmerized... like nah they ain't doing anything super wacky or extra crazy idk sam raimi camera work, but like... the soft pink color palette is just so pleasing idk.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I liked this song a lot, I haven't listened to the album yet :pepe-notes:

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be

• Sugarcoat has been my favorite title track from them for a while. I'm not a huge fan of the higher vocals in the chorus, but despite that I really loved the song. I also quite liked a few of the b sides like Paranoia, Resonance, and Complicated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!