Is Ahn Yujin overtaking Jang Wonyoung in popularity?

• Ever since Yujin has appeared in Earth Arcade, she's been popping off in the entertainment scene like repeated guesting in Amazing Saturday, guesting in Turkiyes, and been going semi-viral in the Korea.

Has she already overtaken Wonyoung in popularity? Especially with her down-to-Earth personality, and more of a friendly neighbourhood vibe like Sejeong, and with good sense of entertainment as well. It seems like Koreans are really taking a liking to her.

Approved the thread.
  • no. She is doing well though, and she will do even better once she debuts an acting career.

I can see the Sejeong comparison though

• As the person above stated, I can definitely see the Sejeong comparison and an acting debut in a good in a good Drama would definitely make her pop off, however I don’t think she’ll ever surpass Wonyoung is popularity.

I think the most she’ll be able to do is decrease the gap between them, but that would be difficult since Korea worships the ground Wonyoung walks on.

• At the moment Woonyeong is still the it girl but Yujin is slowly gaining popularity and at times she seems to be in the same level as Woonyeong but she's still not quite there

• Maybe not yet but she will in the long run.

Wonyoung only has her visuals, and they will fade in time as she ages and gets more work done.

Yujin has the talent to back up her visuals. Acting, dance, vocals, you name it.

• Its not hard Won only has a smile but nothing behind the eyes when it comes to being entertaining

• No one overtook Wonyoung in popularity, she's still The IT Girl. But Yujin is closer to her in popularity than other 4th gen girlies.

• Yujin and Wonyoung are top 2 of their generation. Wonyoung the It girl and Yujin the TV star. Both make such a great pairing Starship hit the jackpot with those two.

• I feel like Yujin is playing her cards right for the long term. She'll have a lot of TV show opportunities in the future. She could be a regular cast at a number of popular TV shows or even go into acting. I could also see her releasing solo music in the future. It's evident she's a *super hard worker* and I'm glad to see her hard work rewarded lately with the greatly increased popularity, she really deserves it.

Wonyoung keeps her throne for the time being though, she's literally one of the biggest celebs in Korea.

• Yujin and Wonyoung are top 2 of their generation. Wonyoung the It girl and Yujin the TV star. Both make such a great pairing Starship hit the jackpot with those two.

Honestly it's truly insane how well the company did scouting these two and then setting them up for success. It's like an all-in gamble they went for. They even declined any IZ*ONE contract extension or future activities because they had that much confidence in WY/YJ and IVE. It seemed insane at the time but they knew exactly what they were doing.

• Honestly it's truly insane how well the company did scouting these two and then setting them up for success. It's like an all-in gamble they went for. They even declined any IZ*ONE contract extension or future activities because they had that much confidence in WY/YJ and IVE. It seemed insane at the time but they knew exactly what they were doing.

Agree. I do want to say though that I was definitely in the minority that didn't think it was insane. I was actually pretty pissed at OTR and (some specific sub-set of Wiz*One's, I don't think I have to say which ones) for how they treated Wonyoung. I always felt like OTR was holding Wonyoung and Yujin back from their full potential and was excitedly anticipating their redebut. I always had faith in them and now I am just glad to see that Starship did too.

• Agree. I do want to say though that I was definitely in the minority that didn't think it was insane. I was actually pretty pissed at OTR and (some specific sub-set of Wiz*One's, I don't think I have to say which ones) for how they treated Wonyoung. I always felt like OTR was holding Wonyoung and Yujin back from their full potential and was excitedly anticipating their redebut. I always had faith in them and now I am just glad to see that Starship did too.

While I didn't agree with starship at the time, I do agree with you that both yujin and wonyoung are shining a lot more and showing their potential more in IVE than they did in IZ*ONE. IZ*ONE I'll always love but there was a certain something holding them back imo and I'm glad they aren't restrained in any way

• Agree. I do want to say though that I was definitely in the minority that didn't think it was insane. I was actually pretty pissed at OTR and (some specific sub-set of Wiz*One's, I don't think I have to say which ones) for how they treated Wonyoung. I always felt like OTR was holding Wonyoung and Yujin back from their full potential and was excitedly anticipating their redebut. I always had faith in them and now I am just glad to see that Starship did too.

I didn’t think it was insane either. Starship did definitely take a risk when not letting them in IZ*ONE, but in my opinion the chances for failure and success and failure were equal and they played it right. They definitely did everything right with IVE

I would have preferred to see an extension for my all time favorite group at the time but I must admit recently is the first time I've felt like IVE might actually grab that spot as my all time ult group. I'm also greatly enjoying my IZ*ONE biases Yuri&Yena solo careers, they're without a doubt better off as solos. I never thought I'd say it but maybe it was all for the best.

• While I didn't agree with starship at the time, I do agree with you that both yujin and wonyoung are shining a lot more and showing their potential more in IVE than they did in IZ*ONE. IZ*ONE I'll always love but there was a certain something holding them back imo and I'm glad they aren't restrained in any way

To start, Starship improved their singing and stopped the extremely high pitched, baby voice singing. That alone improved their music to 100%.

Yujin and Wonyoung are top 2 of their generation. Wonyoung the It girl and Yujin the TV star. Both make such a great pairing Starship hit the jackpot with those two.

I agree, but I also think Rei is growing at rapid pace and have a commanding presence without looking like she is putting effort on it. She is a key member in IVE I think. Also Leeseo have big potential to become another It girl in the upcoming years. She's lovely and energetic. Liz and Gaeul are more lowkey, but they have great visuals and different charms from other members so they can also stand out. I think Starship hit jackpot with the whole group, but clearly there was effort from Starship too. As it should since they had so much time to plan the group and curate their music.

• To start, Starship improved their singing and stopped the extremely high pitched, baby voice singing. That alone improved their music to 100%.

Couldn't be more true. Yujin had many good moments in IZ*ONE, especially on the B-sides but they really did Wonyoung dirty, she sounds SO MUCH better nowadays. I could totally imagine being frustrated as a WY stan.

• Yujin finally regain her chance after that case in Izone 😭

I'm so glad, I feel like they have many chances at early Izone time but after that case, everything stop at once..

I still love Izone, I think that will never change. Though my girls not only 12 but now 19

• Yujin finally regain her chance after that case in Izone 😭

I'm so glad, I feel like they have many chances at early Izone time but after that case, everything stop at once..

I still love Izone, I think that will never change. Though my girls not only 12 but now 19

• Tried to quote but it didn’t work so I’ll do it again:

I‘m glad that all the IZ*ONE girls were able to bounce back after the scandal. It’s not a small feat to be accomplished in my opinion

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!