4 Hot Takes Interviews 🔥

• Shipping is something we see very frequently. Whether it's two fictional characters in a movie or two celebrities, there will always be people who support them. There is content as far as the eye can see, whether it's Fanart, fanfics, or ship videos. Tune in to today's interviews to hear some users thoughts on shipping in kpop!

Let's start with our interviews! :check-bee:

TOPIC: Shipping in Kpop

QUESTION #1

Do you think Kpop shipping is more intense than Western media shipping?

At first i thought yeah but then i remembered how bad jelena fans react to hailey and justin bieber after they got married that they even shouted Selena's name when they saw Hailey and bieber :pinky-scaredy-cat: i think in general kpop shipping is more intense but there are some exceptions with few very popular western celebrities :blade-loco:

Kairina

I think so, there are tons of fanfiction of kpop shipping then Western Media shipping. It's interesting because i see a lot of shipping in Western Media based on fictional works than real peoplr, but with kpop shipping it involves real people, and i was initially surprised about that

Pandas795

No, I don’t think so.

Kpop is trendy atm, so it attracts a lot of that pre-teen crowd. However, I’ve heard horror stories about western fandoms, such as one direction fans to know that it isn’t necessarily worse in Kpop.

sleepycats

QUESTION #2

Do you think it's okay to ship idols?

I used to ship idols in the past i think it's okay as long as it's not excessive and u don't go overboard with it :pepefrog: 3. Would it make you feel uncomfortable if you were shipped with your friends/colleagues? If i don't like that person and they tease me every day with them i'll be annoyed but if they ship me lightheartedly with my good friends cause they find our interactions cute or sweet then i don't mind :blade-secret:

Kairina

No, because there are real people so it feels forced? and it causes a lot of awkwardness with the actors themselves. Especially when fans make it physical. Same with western idol shipping

Pandas795

I have always found the shipping of real people quite odd and off putting. However, as long as people keep it respectful and don’t project their shipping narratives onto the idols, I don’t think it’s a huge issue.

sleepycats

QUESTION #3

Would it make you feel uncomfortable if you were shipped with your friends/colleagues?

If i don't like that person and they tease me every day with them i'll be annoyed but if they ship me lightheartedly with my good friends cause they find our interactions cute or sweet then i don't mind :blade-secret:

Kairina

Yes, i think of them as friends and nothing more, i would feel majorly uncomfortable

Pandas795

Yeah, I think so. I am not a public person or a celebrity so I would find it odd. I have had a lot of people trying to set me up and putting me on the spot about getting into relationships and the only thing it does it make me feel more awkward

sleepycats

QUESTION #4

Do you think Fanservice feeds shippers?

Yes it does :pinky-yummm:

Kairina

I feel a major part of fanservice is shipping. It entertains what fans want but know it won't happen in real life.

Pandas795

Absolutely, they know exactly what they are doing. In many cases, queer baiting

sleepycats

QUESTION #5

Do you think that inappropriate fanfiction about actual people should be forbidden?

Definitely those things are very uncomfortable and making r-rated fanfics of real life people are very inappropriate :pinky-annoying:

Kairina

while I don't approve of it, it shouldn't be banned. It would be very difficult to enforce. If a site tries to block it will be appear on other sites

Pandas795

Yes, I do - if fanfiction is sexualising idols (I.E real people) it’s a boundary that has been crossed. I don’t think it’s fair to the idol to be subjected to this.

sleepycats

Do you agree, disagree? Please share your thoughts and feel free to respond to the questions yourself. Also, keep an eye out because YOU might be the next user to be interviewed. We'll see you next month. :ooo-bee:

Changed the title of the thread from “Hot Takes Interviews 🔥” to “4 Hot Takes Interviews 🔥”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!