$$$ Gen 2 vs Gen 3

• The obvious biggest earners in Kpop are TVXQ and their Japanese tour numbers are insane. Just so you know, Japan has the most expensive concert tickets, merch and albums and TVXQ still manage to get between 500K - 1 million concert goers with every tour for only 2 members. Let's be honest, how much do you think they make compared to Twice, Black Pink and BTS?

As I said before, big fish in a small pond compared to big fish in a big pond.

(In my comparison, I am only talking about BTS in terms of earning capability).

Your saying that Japan has the most expensive concert tickets, merch and album prices in the world and you could be right, but BTS toured in Japan also, and are selling a lot of merch and albums in Japan, same as TVXQ. And ADD to that the tickets and the albums and the merch that they sold to the rest of Asia, and in North and South America, and in Europe, and Africa. Need I add more?

BTS were among the top earners for the past 2 years in the US - the biggest music consumer in the world. They sold an insane amount of concert tickets in 2019 for their tour all over the world (not just in Japan) and the would-be 2020 tours which were halted because of Covid. So I think it’s safe to say that for the past couple of years (maybe more) they have been earning more than the groups you mentioned.

But as I and a few others mentioned here, we don’t have their tax receipt or bank statements in front of us as absolute proof, so we’ll just go by what each one of us believe.

P.S. And just to clear something, I do think that TVXQ were top earners. It’s just that they peaked at a time when kpop reach were not as extensive as it is right now. Who knows if they peaked now, they could be earning as much as BTS. So this was not meant as a shade. Just a reality check on how much global reach kpop has now compared to a few years ago. And with the bigger global reach came a bigger market that you can sell to.

• A lot of 2nd gen idols have had several years to invest in real estate and other things, which they have. Also, they have had a lot more time to earn money.

While BTS brings in a lot of money, we don't know how much of it they actually got up until now, we only know they have some shares in big hit. We know the current value of those shares is quite high, but unless they liquidate those shares, those are assets, not cash. So BTS might have more in assets, but I think several second gen groups have more money they can easily access and are more reliable than company assets.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!