Even IU, the last holdout of domestic composers, succumbed to having to use foreign composers

• IU is KPop's Senior Singer, the hidden power and the singer even the most successful acts have to fear.

Until now, virtually all of her songs were composed by Korean composers.

She had a b side song written by Corrine Bailey Rae, whom she used to follow long time ago, on Last Fantasy (2011) but otherwise EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HER NUMEROUS DIGITAL #1s WAS WRITTEN BY KOREAN COMPOSERS.

She was the final holdout of not using foreign composers in any of her titles. I did not keep track of her b-side songs, but every single title she ever sang, including OSTs, was written by Korean composers with no foreign hands. (Into the I-Land is the product of Hitman Bang and quite a few composers, including some foreigners, but it was beyond her control to choose the producers.)

But now

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ryan S. Jhun
    Lauritz Christiansen of June
    Jeppe London of June
    Celine Svanback of June
    Chloe Latimer (KHLOË)

Other than Ryan Jhun, who could be called a Korean, the other four composers are foreigners.

They are the same people who wrote OhMyGirl's Dolphin, so Lee Jieun's new release will be probably similar to that.

That basically means people like Kim Jehwi, a composer working for Lee Jieun, are now jobless.

This move signifies that Korean composers are done. When the last holdout gives up, the game has ended.

• most korean ballads will continued to be by korean composers (kim jehwi largely composes ballads for iu and other artists like exo chen) and I highly doubt ballads are going anywhere soon in south korea.

• Well she expressed her big love for Oh My Girl, in the past she even wrote a song when she had OMG in her mind...

so... we know she even recorded her own version of Dolphin, and she probably wanted to bring something cheerful and vibrant... and also different from all recent releases.

But if you think about it she has this in her. Blueming also was catchy as hell.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Why don't you write on reddit? It has a bigger audience than allkpop or onehallyu

:whatr:

• So she wants her own version of dolphin?

Do you mean this?

External Content youtu.be

But, yes, she said it's going to be an upbeat and bright song.

• Corrine Bailey Rae is super talented though. I love this song.

ღ Sulli

• Corrine Bailey Rae is super talented though. I love this song.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!