HBO working on Game of Thrones sequel about Jon Snow! Kit Harington set to reprise his role!

• omg yes!

‘Game of Thrones’ Jon Snow Sequel Series in Development at HBO (Exclusive)
    Kit Harington is attached to reprise his fan-favorite role in the first potential 'Thrones' project to take place after the events in the original series.
    www.hollywoodreporter.com

this basically means that at one point we also can see/learn more about future of:

Arya,

Sansa,

Bran,

Tyrion,

Brienne,

Sam,

Davos,

Yara,

Gendry,

Bronn,

Robin,

Tormund

and many small/lesser known characters who we might meet on that journey here or there through 8 seasons

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Kit needs that paycheck for sure.

For real though, I have no idea what story they intend to tell. With Sansa in Winterfell and Bran on the Iron Throne, there's no beef between the wildlings and the kingdoms south of the Wall anymore. The white walkers are dead. It sounds like a cash grab honestly, a desperate attempt at recapturing the original show's audience. They gonna need a major shake up for something meaningful to happen.

• Another tv-show about Westeros is going to be released this year with dragons and Targariens, i think this show will mostly attract Gamre of Thrones audience.

House of the Dragon takes place like 150 years before GOT so there won't be any GOT character obviously. Therefore fans might or might not tune in. The new Jon Snow spinoff on the other hand will try for sure to make all fan favorites (still alive) come back at some point, which I fear is just gonna be cheap fan service and not much else.

• Kit needs that paycheck for sure.

For real though, I have no idea what story they intend to tell. With Sansa in Winterfell and Bran on the Iron Throne, there's no beef between the wildlings and the kingdoms south of the Wall anymore. The white walkers are dead. It sounds like a cash grab honestly, a desperate attempt at recapturing the original show's audience. They gonna need a major shake up for something meaningful to happen.

well political this map seems correct after s8 finale

there are plenty of possibilities

maybe some people wanting to hunt down Jon because he is Targaryen?

they can also use things like that white walkers are gone so the lands will start to de-freeze

he is a loner now so they can give him in future potential love story

there are also lands and people in Essos, imagine Jon travelling to the remnants of Valyria and discovering something there etc.

I think it will be more like a Mandalorian shorter episodes but with entertaining stories, unless they plan to bring majority of cast back in future seasons to make this show a 'cash cow'

ccrnczdvshx41.png

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The issue I have with this new show is that GOT is first and foremost based on George RR Martin's work. Even House of the Dragon is based on it. But this new Jon Snow spin-off? It's not. Therefore it just sounds like fan fiction to me. Just like what Disney did with Star Wars; trying to give a conclusion to a saga that was already concluded; bringing back old faces for the sake of nostalgia (and destroying them in the process).

Unless there's a *genius* writer/showrunner behind the project, which is very unlikely, it's gonna be trash. HBO is only trying to milk the GOT brand which once was their cash cow; there's nothing to be excited about it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!