Your K-pop "Mandela effects"?

• For those who don't know, the Mandela effect is when a large group of people remembers and believes something as fact, but they actually had false memories. The name of the phenomenon is derived from the large amount of people who remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 80s, instead of how it actually went (he actually died in 2013). Now, let's put away that "large group of people" aspect for a bit and go full "77 + 33 DOESN'T equal 100?!" dumb. What are some things in K-pop you swear existed/happened, but later found out never did?

I have two personal examples: the first one is that I swear I saw the MV for IZ*ONE's Fiesta months before it was really released. You know how BLOOM*IZ was delayed for a few months due to the Produce rigging scandal? During the time BLOOM*IZ was in purgatory, I swear I saw the MV for its title track. I passed it off, but a few days later I tried searching it up and saw absolutely nothing. Now, I just chalk this up to a fanmade video I mistook as real, but back then I was really confused.

The second one is a bit stranger – for a long while, I always thought H.O.T had six members. But, like, not really – I've always known H.O.T were a fivesome, but when I was first getting into them I always had the vibe that there was supposed to be a sixth member. When I looked at their group photos I just felt someone was missing, and when I had to name out all the members I'd name all five of them and then be like "am I missing someone...?". As I've gotten to know H.O.T better, though, this feeling has disappeared.

So, what are your personal K-pop "Mandela effects"? (And yes, this is inspired by this Reddit thread from a while ago. I just wanted to make it a bit more personal. :p )

₊˚⊹♡ 단 ♡⊹˚₊

ewdMqv1.gif

₊˚⊹♡ 이 ♡⊹˚₊

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!