why are people acting like aespa has surpassed twice?

Approved the thread.
  • I'm also wondering that. they haven't and they have to understand. not even a once, but I am not blind

• because of Next Level and physical sales /s

next level is not even the only biggest hit in the last 2 years if anything there are many hits that are as big as next level.

twice has a bigger trajectory and multiple national hits not to mention they have a much bigger selling power + world power. Album sales are not the only metric and those can get easily inflated just saying

• next level is not even the only biggest hit in the last 2 years if anything there are many hits that are as big as next level.

twice has a bigger trajectory and multiple national hits not to mention they have a much bigger selling power + world power. Album sales are not the only metric and those can get easily inflated just saying

my post was sarcasm hence the "/s"

• Depends on the viewpoint I guess. It's also not just Aespa.

Sales per album:

Aespa > TWICE (if those Aespa preorders are real)

Korean chart performance:

Aespa, IVE, Idle etc > TWICE

Korean popularity:

Aespa > TWICE

Last title tracks performance in views and streams:

Next Level, Savage, Eleven, Love Dive, Tomboy > Scientist, Alcohol-Free

Sure, TWICE total spotify streams and concert tour numbers are better.

But you gotta admit, the top 4th genners are slaying.

It's about what you compare and focus on I guess :wellr:

• It’s just trolls man

Y’all need to chill

• Lol at this point aespa is bigger than twice in sales and digitals at least

• It's the same way they think selling close to what bp did 2 years ago put them on their level despite lacking in every other metric. Logic not found

• Aespa recent sings like Next Level Savage and even DCT have charted higher and longer than Twice in recent years (but then again most groups beats Twice these days lol).

Aespa debut Album sold as much if not more than Twice first few alums and now their 2nd will be much higher than any single Twice ever.

Members like Karina and Winter are very popular almost it girl level. None of Twice members there anymore, maybe could've been a few years ago if JYP promoted individual but past is past.

Aespa YouTube views are roughly the same if not a tiny bit higher than Twice latest releases Alcohol Free and Scientist.

Aespa > Twice

• we are talking about twice and aespa and other girl groups > aespa

• fans like to brag about career totals but in reality most normal people only care about current popularity/success. its like katy perry has an impressive career but no one cares cause she's not doing good lately. if aespa is doing better than twice now then yeah they surpassed them

• Peak Twice are far more bigger than aespa. But if we talking about right now, aespa has surpassed current twice.

• we are talking about twice and aespa and other girl groups > aespa

Regardless, if Aespa > Twice and other ggs > Aespa, then it's still Aespa and other ggs > Twice

fans like to brag about career totals but in reality most normal people only care about current popularity/success. its like katy perry has an impressive career but no one cares cause she's not doing good lately. if aespa is doing better than twice now then yeah they surpassed them

Peak Twice are far more bigger than aespa. But if we talking about right now, aespa has surpassed current twice.

Basically, this.

People aren't talking about the entire careerlong legacy of groups or comparing a group's peak 5 years ago with other groups peaks now.

Normally they're comparing latest results and comebacks, how are groups doing currently?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A bit of Chinese bulk buying lol.

Go check ticket master for Aespa resales in a 3k theatre not selling. Like 60% tickets still there and dropping in price daily lol.

Keep it cute. Your last song couldn't even chart on Spotify global.

• I current Twice has higher streams, views, ticket sales, international charting, bb200 global charting, album sales( based on both last albums), has a hot100 UK and US song, got 800m streams in 2022(bestbof all ggs,) 600k sales, sold 300k concert tickets including 3 Domes, 2 stadiums and the rest big US arenas.

No I'm afraid current Twice is miles bigger. Lol.

• I current Twice has higher streams, views, ticket sales, international charting, bb200 global charting, album sales( based on both last albums), has a hot100 UK and US song, got 800m streams in 2022(bestbof all ggs,) 600k sales, sold 300k concert tickets including 3 Domes, 2 stadiums and the rest big US arenas.

No I'm afraid current Twice is miles bigger. Lol.

indicator of declining group no mention about Korean charting and relevance at all

• no but the lies in this thread??? y'all want twice to flop so badly but it's not happening any time soon so you all are resorting to lies lmao.

like in which world does aespa has more views/streams than twice? literally the only metric aespa are ahead of twice is korean digitals.

you mys need to humble yourselves alot. once bp and twice come back it's gonna be real embarrassing for y'all.

• indicator of declining group no mention about Korean charting and relevance at all

Korean charting is everything huh? So why do people call Aespa 4th gen leaders when Gidle and Ive are charting better atm?

I suppose sales, Spotify, views, Apple, touring, merch sales, bb200 global, international album charts like Japan, Canada, UK, USA singles charts like billboard hot 100, UK hot 100, Oricon, Japan hot 100, etc don't matter since Twice having been doing better than ever in those area's? But nope it's Twice declining cos they can't hit number 1 on Melon and Genies right now?

No disrespect to Aespa or MY's as they are smashing right now and in spite of maybe 1 bad My on this site they are one of the nicest and most 'keep to themselves' fandoms here and obviously Aespa are a top GG which will in all likely hood be the number 1 GG in 2-3 years when groups like BP and Twice aren't around anymore. But right now SM stans cosplaying as MY's are setting them up. For 1 year now SM stans have been riding Aespa success and picking fights with IVE, Twice, Itzy and BlackPink like those groups aren't ahead of Aespa in several areas.

Tell you what, when Aespa can sell 600k with no comeback, 800m streams with no comeback, hundreds of millions of views with no comeback, chart in Japan for 36 weeks and counting, chart in the UK and US hot 100, sell out stadiums in the USA, arena in EA, SEA and US, sell out 3 domes in less than 15 minutes(never been done before Twice so good luck) than we can talk about who's bigger.

Cos if it's just Korean charting than I guess bad news for Once that would make Twice behind Aespa, Idle, StayC, IVE, Red Velvet, LSF, etc, etc and are really gonna argue that or is it one rule for Aespa another for every other group lol.

Sure. At least when Twice was at their peak in Korea they could chart on Gaon number 1 lol. Ya'll forget how easy they made it look back then. Last word on that, I'll let the streams, views, tours, sns, sales, etc do the talking, argue with the wall.

• LOL ONCEs must be getting nervous about their group's declining popularity and potentially disbanding. I know it's scary when the new groups are more talented than TWICE (sorry but they are vocally superior and can dance better) but that's the way that kpop is designed; the next is supposed to be BETTER. They must be feeling threatened because what other reason do they have to be so concerned with what 4th gen groups are doing?

No one can stay at the "top" forever (and I use that term loosely because BP is technically the top girl group right now).

Focus on your faves.

• But nope it's Twice declining cos they can't hit number 1 on Melon and Genies right now?

Just Korean charting than I guess bad news for Once.

Sure. At least when Twice was at their peak in Korea they could chart on Gaon number 1 lol. Ya'll forget how easy they made it look back then.

So basically Twice has declined. Rightio.

• Let's keep it to facts and numbers. People are getting too emotional and upset in threads like this when they feel their bias threatened.

Comparing both groups' last Korean title tracks:

- Korean charting (Gaon 2021)

#5 Next Level (694M Gaon index)

#68 Alcohol-Free (295M)

#84 Savage (241M)

Aespa has the better numbers.

- Spotify

Alcohol-Free: 137M

Scientist: 74M

Next Level: 138M

Savage: 105M

NL has a bit more than AF but they're roughly the same, so a draw.

Savage did better than Scientist in streams.

- Youtube views

Alcohol-Free: 236M

Scientist: 119M

Next Level: 232M

Savage: 200M

Same here, AF and NL are roughly the same.

Savage did better than Scientist.

Comparing both groups physical:

- Album sales (Gaon 2021):

#19 Formula of Love (studio album): 714k

#23 Savage (EP): 574k

#24 Taste of Love (EP): 559k

Twice had the highest album sales. This may change in a month, when Aespa release their new album, 99% chance Aespa will have highest album sales then. But for now Twice has.

Based on this, Aespa did better in Korean and international digitals due to Scientist underperforming and Aespa's overall better Korean charting, but Twice did better in album sales.

We'll see if and how much it changes next month.

Aespa are beat in all but 1 area by IVE ffs.

Good point.

This is IVE:

- Korean charts (Gaon)

Eleven (382M) (in 6 months, Next Level had 8 months in 2021, Alcohol-Free 7)

Comparing their (best) 2021 songs, it's #1 Aespa, #2 IVE, #3 Twice

- Spotify

Eleven: 130M

Love Dive: 80M

Both Eleven and Love Dive came out last, it's clearly #1 IVE, #2 Aespa, #3 Twice

- Youtube views

Eleven: 134M

Love Dive: 101M

Same here, Eleven and Love Dive came out last, I'd say #1 Aespa, # IVE, #3 Twice

Purely comparing with Scientist and Savage.

- Album sales (Gaon):

Love Dive (single album): 653k

Also a clear one, this is #1 Twice, #2 IVE, #3 Aespa

This might become #1 Aespa, #2 Twice, #3 IVE very soon, but these are the current highest sales numbers of these groups.

• well said

• Some once tryin to make sm stans the bogeyman again when other once arent shading blink, it never ends :facepalm: :pepe-shame:

:whatr:

Wondering which of the trolls you are, you must havin a hell of a laugh with this setup :melon_think:

• Lmao, TF literally destroys Aespa numbers, why didn't you put it? and why didn't you considered international charting and album streams?

• LOL ONCEs must be getting nervous about their group's declining popularity and potentially disbanding. I know it's scary when the new groups are more talented than TWICE (sorry but they are vocally superior and can dance better) but that's the way that kpop is designed; the next is supposed to be BETTER. They must be feeling threatened because what other reason do they have to be so concerned with what 4th gen groups are doing?

No one can stay at the "top" forever (and I use that term loosely because BP is technically the top girl group right now).

Focus on your faves.

since when did aespa outdance twice :cryingr:

• Blatantly leaving out The Feels as if it isn't a TWICE song. Y'all are so embarrassing. :pepe-peek:

• this thread was honestly a genuine question. i see way too much emphasis placed on korean charting when yes, it’s very important but honestly pretty fickle. the tide turns VERY easily for groups/artists in korea (unless you’re iu/bts/etc.). so i was wondering what else people are factoring into their decision to claim aespa has overtaken twice.

• The way y’all purposely leave out the feels like this…

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Of course, twice has +4 comebacks per year... it would be embarrassing if they had low numbers or surpassed by other groups

• Of course, twice has +4 comebacks per year... it would be embarrassing if they had low numbers or surpassed by other groups

And BP have 4 physicals project there and you don't see any 4th gen surpassing them either.

• not a my/sm stan coming for Twice dance line when stanning stifspa with Karina, probably the worst main dancer ever to debut

• They have surpassed them in physical sales as for now, nothing else yet.

Focus on your faves.

dance better?? Momo is far technically superior to the members of aespa. Infact, in terms of coordination and stage presence TWICE is much better than aespa. I've never really seen anyone praise aespa for dance lol

I agree that aespa is vocally superior.

• This thread contains 53 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!