ITS FUNNY WHEN PEOPLE COME FOR BLACKPINK’S LYRICS BECAUSE

• everyone's missing the point. they literally said that they're songs are about common topics, as are most k-pop songs. there's this false narrative that blackpink lyrics are uncommonly "shallow" when they're not. some songs are meant to be emotional, some inspirational, but other times it's just to have fun. not every group of singers and songwriters can nail all the common subjects like they do.

also I know most of youse don't like English class but some of us do and analyze things that aren't necessarily all that deep because it's fun.

1601860532-20201004-suhyun.jpg~proudly presented by a humble humanoid commenter~

• everyone's missing the point. they literally said that they're songs are about common topics, as are most k-pop songs. there's this false narrative that blackpink lyrics are uncommonly "shallow" when they're not. some songs are meant to be emotional, some inspirational, but other times it's just to have fun.

Hit da nail on da head with this one!!! Proud of you

• you made a lot of good points, some stronger than others...but encouraging to see a thoughtful thread/post.

everyone has their favorites that hit them differently at different times, even in a single day. for me it's not just the music and lyrics, it's the whole feelings they bring that can change your mood on a really tough day that made me a fan. i first heard whistle and thought it was fun and now even hearing the girls come into their own (like GONE, hello bop) is a whole new mood. you can't please everyone.

Diverse pinks

• It is just pop music. It isn't meant to be super meaningful or anything just fun songs that appeal to the masses. People should chill with pop music not every song ever has to be super meaningful nor have well thought lyrics.

BP is doing just as fine as most groups in that department. I just wish some of their songs didn't have "darara, boom boom boom, dan dan dan" as lyrics. This is not only for BP but other groups as well.

• It is just pop music. It isn't meant to be super meaningful or anything just fun songs that appeal to the masses. People should chill with pop music not every song ever has to be super meaningful nor have well thought lyrics.

BP is doing just as fine as most groups in that department. I just wish some of their songs didn't have "darara, boom boom boom, dan dan dan" as lyrics. This is not only for BP but other groups as well.

Agreed but I just wanted to point out blackpink has both meanings in their songs, fun, pop lyrics but also deep and meaningful lyrics because their lyrics often get overlooked or downplayed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!