lightsum finally DO have an identity

• let's ignore vivace because that comeback was random as hell

but now that alive is released, i can now see the direction lightsum is heading right now. they are currently doing a cute energetic teen crush with a hint of cool, chic and girl crush concept. it is so obvious that vanilla and alive is similar due to the post-chorus drop after the chorus. i personally think that it is clever of them to do that because it allows lightsum to highlight a different side of them depending on the members.

so far, it has been established that lightsum members have 2 different and contradicting vibe, which are,

cute nayoung hina huiyeon yujeong

girl crush sangah juhyeon chowon jian

this glaring contradicting vibe between the members would cause a clash if they continued doing a cute concept, therefore adding a post-chorus drop to highlight the girl crush members would help them balance out the members' vibe. the dance break also did their job on drawing a line between cute and girl crush. i know people are dying for sangah-juhyeon-chowon subunit, but please be patient, its literally only their 2nd comeback and 1st mini album.

hina, nayoung, huiyeon and yujeong THRIVE in cute concepts. its impossible to give them a girl crush concept since there are minors in the group, therefore cute concepts are the best shot for lightsum. they will probably follow twice's route after the maknae line are not minors anymore. juhyeon and sangah KILLED the dance break, and the dance line is did their job VERY well.

in conclusion, nayoung hina huiyeon yujeong would not fit girl crush, and sangah juhyeon jian chowon would not fit cute concept. at least for me, nayoung and jian are currently sitting on the borderline between the 2 concepts. therefore balancing both concept with vanilla and alive actually works for them. at least for me, they have finally established an identity that are very lightsum-like. their concept are cute, but the cool and chic members were also highlighted during the chorus and bridge drop. the vocal line and dance line also slapped hard. cube really need to add huiyeon to the dance line and yujeong to the vocal line.

• the ONLY reason people think lightsum has no identity is because they comeback with vivace that is very iz*one like, thus allowing people to regard the song as iz*one reject and made lightsum received more backlash. vanilla also has no bside to back them up, therefore they fail to establish an identity that we know is special to lightsum.

alive has similar resemblance to vanilla. they finally made a song that fits them and allow them to establish their own color and identity.

also people who were shitting on the 'filler trinity' members need to stop because huiyeon and jian are finally shining so hard in the new comeback. hina also fit their concept a lot, and they need more time to widen their potential because the 3 of them have the shortest training period compared to the other 5.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!