Why is Cha Eunwoo not more popular internationally?

• He’s very popular in Korea and known as one of the top visuals. He also gets recognized for being in Astro and acting in films like True Beauty. Then why does his popularity in Korea not translate to international fame? I don’t see international fans hyping his visual or music or even his acting.

pasted-from-clipboard.jpeg

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Approved the thread.
  • 1. I don't think international fans find him as attractive as korean fans. In Korea he is considered perfect, internationally he's attractive but there are other idols who are just as popular.

2. He's mostly famous from dramas. International fans don't watch dramas as much and Astro was never a top group.

• he looks good but if you're not Korean and deeply familiar with beauty standards there, he doesn't stand out from the rest of the pretty boys

and his visual is supposed to be his main draw, his acting is so-so, his musical talents are nothing outstanding

• He’s literally only behind some bts members in popularity cause of his acting, he’s fine

• His group is a flop internationally so it lowers his recognition.

• He's more popular as an actor. Everyone around me know him because of his acting in true beauty.

• He's handsome, but so is a lot of idols. He's not attractive/interesting to me.

• he has more than 28 million followers on insta. That's 5 mil followers than the most followed member in exo. You can't get that much if you're only popular in korea. Kpop fans also don't always watch his kdramas and that's what he's more known for than his idol career with astro. Also, many people who know him are casually interested in him which causes him to be less talked about.

• He’s just a pretty face. There’s nothing appealing about him that makes him attractive or charming.

• His visual really meets KBS, which are not necessarily the same as the rest of the world. There are many in Kpop who fit the KBS, but then rate lower in opinion polls or interest outside of Korea.

He’s not a very good actor.

He’s in a mid-tier group and Kpop hype from I-fans is mostly around the big groups.

• Uncharismatic

Handsome but in a plain way

Boring personality

• Why are people shading him? Nothing to offer? I find him amazing because thanks to his "visuals" and personality when he appeared in some variety programs Astro while being "nugu" still got bigger enough to do concerts in Asia and being invited for kpop festivals. A non big3 group good enough bc he is one of the IT boys in SK. A true success.

But in kpop if your group isn't popular it'll be difficult for an individual to be popular, he is more popular in the kdrama world hence his 28M followers which is a lot. His popularity isn't just in SK.

• He is boring and untalented. No personality. No substance. Empty.

• he has more than 28 million followers on insta. That's 5 mil followers than the most followed member in exo. You can't get that much if you're only popular in korea. Kpop fans also don't always watch his kdramas and that's what he's more known for than his idol career with astro. Also, many people who know him are casually interested in him which causes him to be less talked about.

i bet most of those are Koreans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!