Posts by passinthru

In my world, no one older than 12 would call anyone "ugly". This discussion lacks real life relevance and rationality to me.

Here in the US, I don't see entire Western artist fandoms argue over who is the "best", who has the most awards, who is the most attractive, or who has the most luxury band endorsements, etc etc. All these weird discussions that have absolutely nothing to do with music - it's hard to take kpop seriously here when the online fandoms and discussions are so superficial and rarely focus on actual music. Its as if kpop fans are primarily tiger parents. Or unfortunately, 12 yo adolescents.

And as someone in the US, to me RM is arguably the most attractive member in BTS. He just comes across as more masculine and conducts himself with such confidence and eloquence. But all kpop entertainers are objectively attractive. It's apparently a fundamental, essential requirement. So discussing relative attractiveness is the kpop equivalent of "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

Why would he have decided to clarify that he wasn't being racist because he owned a "Korean" car at the same time that he made his vile comments if he didn't expect his words to be construed as racist?

Innocent acts by the innocent aren't claimed to be innocent right before they are perpetrated. That's the behavior of someone who knows they're about to do something wrong.