Posts by kpopnewbie32

The vibe of some of these comments are weird - why wouldn’t they care about their home country and why are you as a foreign fan “happy to see it”. Some of us kpop fans/enjoyers need to watch it. People be getting a little too comfortable…

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't have a problem with NCT "noise"/neo sound - Sticker is one of my favourite nct tracks, I like hot sauce, let's play ball, wakey wakey. I also liked favourite and touch. So both sides of their sound is fine for me although I do agree that superhuman is rather generic and has never been a favourite of mine (mostly indifferent) .

I guess ultimately - I just think 2 baddies is bad song and even worse a lazy one. 4 weeks post release my impression has not changed. Glitch mode is just ok but also not great so I think this year the quality of NCT title tracks is diminishing.

An additional point re: the higher streams for hot sauce/sticker than HF/Favorite in SK - title tracks are always streamed more than repackages because there is more of a focus on getting music show wins/more engagement - I don't think a conclusion can be made that these songs were necessarily more liked.... (although I did like hot sauce more than HF).

Unfortunately have to agree re: 2 Baddies. SM seems to have developed a formula with NCT title tracks but it is law of diminishing returns at this point because the chanting chorus while palatable the first few times (kick it, hot sauce) is now stale and obnoxious on this song.

One title track is not enough to make me lose interest in the project but I fear the future if this was the song they thought was "the one" given how much the members hyped it up.

I also wonder if SM's zeal to push the boundaries of kpop with NCT's sound is pushing them further into unlistenable territory. Like they are so keen on topping the last song in terms of uniqueness that they forget to just make a straight up good pop song.