Posts by Minkah

I facepalmed when Jopping was released. They wanted to break into the western market, but what they ended up releasing (to me) was like a summary of kpop stereotypes and additionally sounded like something that came out 10 years ago.

I still dislike the song now tbh. Everything is so over the top, but in the unintentionally humorous way, rather than the "wow, this is amazing" kind of way.

My weight doesn't fluctuate much tbh. Maybe by 2-3 lbs on average which is far too little for it to be noticeable. It probably isn't even real weight gain/loss but rather normal weight fluctuation. Bloating on the other hand is very apparent on my frame. Without any weight gain at all, I can easily look 6 months pregnant after the wrong meal.

I suffered a wardrobe malfunction at a public swimming pool. Basically, what happened was that I jumped into the diving pool, only to emerge with my bikini top floating around my neck. The pool unfortunately had a cafe right next to it that featured a huge window to allow people eating/resting to watch the divers like you'd watch fish in an aquarium, so everyone there saw me topless. Lesson learned - wear a swimsuit when diving into a pool, not a two-piece...

Imo, there's nothing wrong with being a solo stan (it's not like you can control it and force yourself to like the whole group anyway) so long as you don't shit on the other members to make your bias look better, or keep complaining about horrible mistreatment when there is no evidence to support such a claim.

I strongly dislike the new forum. I keep wanting to update myself on the latest kpop news, but then I see this new forum, with kpop split into two highly unnecessary sections (to make the forum seem as dead as possible I suppose?) and a new, fancier way to react to other people's posts that, sadly, is more tedious than confirming an online payment, and just leave again.

I guess it wasn't about the English language specifically, but my grandma who never got to learn a second language, struggled with the concept of being able to understand a foreign language in general.

She was like "you can really hear German words when somebody speaks English to you?" I told her that "no, I hear English words but I know what the words mean".

She hesitated and thought about it for a moment before saying "So hearing English forms German sentences in your head?"

I tried to explain that, when you speak a second language well enough, there is no translating back and forth anymore, you understand and speak without having to think about it. She concluded that I was pulling her leg and didn't have a clue either.

Impressive... I guess they can be impressive, but not in the sense that big boobs make me think I want mine to be big as well. Quite the opposite really.

I enjoy sports and being physically active and big boobs are like torture devices when you're active. I know several women with large breasts and their boobs cause them nothing but discomfort and pain. They also struggle to find clothes that fit well.

Also... Bras. They're necessary when you have a big chest but dear god, bras are so uncomfortable after some hours, even ones that fit properly, and with big boobs you can't ever go without really.