Posts by ByungSoonLoveUni

I do think the heavy reliance on lipsyncing and the perception that they have less creative freedom makes a negative impact. I would say tho that there are plenty of bad singers in the west too and that some idols do write/produce while some western artists don't.

And welcome to akp :)

Yes, of course there are plenty of average to Bad singers in the West as well.

The point is, many of the Mainstream singers/ artists who are very succesful or popular are mostly (exceptions included of course) either above average Singer or rapper or have absolute creative freedom etc.

I wouldnt say thid is the biggest factor why it is hard for kpop Acts to succeed in the West, but i often notice a lot of downlooking upon the skills of the very succesful mainstream kpop artists when it comes to singing, rapping and producing skills.

The point that kpop ifols are not really appreciated as Real srtists, bc their companies control them to an extreme externe, about what they say, how to behave, what to sing, literally everything, make it probably very hard for them to See them as Individual with their very own Repertoire of skills and Talent...

Oh and sorry but what do you mean with "welcome to akp" ?? :whatb:

Sorry but You are reaching lol. Pop itself is a mix of many genres, so that's normal. We are talking about very few K-pop songs when it's completely 2 different songs mixed together. It's very risky and hasn't been done a lot in k-pop. It's done a lot in western rap songs like "Sicko mode". Tbh I love it IGAB is one if my favourite kpop songs of all the time and I want to see more K-pop groups doing that. That's what got me excited for NMIXX.

They are talking about mixing two different genres or more in one song. That was done before in kpop, and is not that rare. (And yes, it has been done in western Pop music way before in kpop, i know, but that is not the point here. We are talking about kpop right now 😉 )

I dont know why you suddenly talk about "two completely different songs" but either way , it doesn't really matter bc that is not what JYP and NMIXX are talking about. That what they are talking about is, what has been done quite a few times already.

I am not reaching, I am just saying how it is.

And I am excited about NMIXX as well, they have a lot of Potential and i do as well enjoy a lot experimental music and Songs with Genre mashups. So I am pretty much the same as you in this point.

I am just saying that this nothing new to Kpop nor sth rare or unique.

The only thing that would be "New" is a group that solely focuses ONLY on this type of genre mixing Songs. If that is what JYP is going for with NMIXX than THAT is sth New to kpop, indeed.

Hmmm, hard to say after only 2 Songs, but after seeing their pre debut content they are very solid in dancing, have some okay to good singers with Sullyoon, Haewon and Lily (according to kpop standard) but damn, they really shouldn't be rapping. Or at least they have to step up their game in terms of rapping. For now i would really like JYP to make them focus on vocal heavy Songs, bc that's clearly the groups strong point after dancing.

I think they have a good amount of Talent, definitely not the most talented, but clearly very capable.

Excited to See more content from them.

The heavy use of autotune, the crazy amount of prerecorded and lip synced stages, the lack of good singing abilities (outside of kpop most of the Main vocalists wouldn't be able to get much appreciation bc of them simply not being good enough) and the fact that the idols are not really involved in music and not having much freedom in creativity and speaking their minds/ stating their opinions.

Disagree... I think the genre is unique and hasn't been done a lot. I only know 3 kpop songs like that. IGAB,Next level and O.O

It's not unique, or let me say it like this, It has been done A LOT already in kpop. There are dozens of Songs with at least 2 genres in it. The most popular example would be some SM title tracks of their artists that have a certain kind of genre for most parts of the song, but then a breakdown during the bridge which is mostly in r&b style.

So at least 2 genres in 1 Song. And That’s only for SM. But there are plenty of other groups and artists who have done this already with title tracks or bsides.

The only thing that you can argue in this way here about is, that, if this is what jyp is planning with nmixx, they might be the first kpop act to solely focus on making Songs with at least 2 genres or more mixed into one Song.

Basically, beside from the Visuals, the Mvs with so much color, the intense choreos and the lores, what makes kpop so 'unique' actually is the point that there are genres mixed together in one Song.

That is fact, known for many years now 😉