Let’s be honest Korea gp has moved to 4th gen ggs, the rein of 3rd gen ggs is sadly over

• Tbh I’m a 3rd gen stan and it’s sad to see… I remember back when twice, red velvet, mamamoo, gfieend, Blackpink even ioi when they were a thing where all getting hits, paks outdoing 2nd gen ggs and blowing up in Korea

Now only rv is doing the same as before

And now the same is happening to 4th gen ggs, Ive, aespa, stayc, gidle all getting huge hits and are outdoing all of the 3rd gen ggs

Tbh its 4th gen gg time to shine, even in Kpop fandom everyone pays more attention to them, like aespa seems more of a hot topic than twice in kpop fandom even though twice is a lot bigger internationally

This years Gallup will be filled with 4th gen ggs

Approved the thread.
  • Wish gg longevity in Korea is better…

Tbh even the 4th gen ggs doing well now will be ‘flopping” in 3 years time

• Ya well it's been 8 years since rv and mamamoo debut and seven since gfriend and twice so...

• Only BP can hold their claim. Everyone else has either underperformed, flopped or disbanded in recent years. 3rd Gen GGs as a whole era is basically over

• BP's luck and also misfortune is that their releases are so rare that everytime it happens it's an event

• Thank God. 3rd gen was painful to witness. 4th gen seems much more like 2nd gen in terms of quality.

• 3rd gen sucked. You had bad talents such as BP and Twice who were at top.

At least with 2nd gen you had good talented acts and now also in 4 gen as well.

I think 3rd gen GG will always be remember as the era of no talent

• Blackpink are bound to come back this year.

Oh My Girl used to have several great hits up till their last comeback. Their next one might be great again.

Same for TWICE. Their next comeback might be great again too, they've a long history of top hits.

you mean music with no longevity and shitty sounds? yeah they sound alike in that sense

2nd gen had a lot of bangers, what are you talking about?

• It's easier for gp to latch onto the girl groups, all they need is being young, good-looking & put out somewhat catchy songs. However it also means that the attachment is short-lived, as soon as the new batch of younger girls arrive the old ones get replaced easily. It's nothing surprising when this same scenario has happened everytime.

The smart ones already figured this out and managed to build up their individual brands outside of the typical idol image, while the rest will slowly but surely fade away watching the younger gen take over.

• you mean music with no longevity and shitty sounds? yeah they sound alike in that sense

2nd gen had far more memorable gg bops than 3rd gen let's be honest here.

good girl bad girl touch my body crazy i am the best genie roly poly something miniskirt sixth sense nobody etc

3rd gen have good music that's for sure, but aside rv,bp and twice's looks like only bboom bboom and navillera/rough managed to be as memorable as 2nd gen songs. Momoland became 1 hit wonder, Gfriend tanked after Fingertip. Big3 ggs had no competition even with other ggs having good music.

4th gen already have next level, tomboy, eleven, dalla dalla and ygngg and hybe ggs haven't even debuted yet. So far, it looks more promising in terms of quality and variety.

• Blackpink are bound to come back this year.

Oh My Girl used to have several great hits up till their last comeback. Their next one might be great again.

Same for TWICE. Their next comeback might be great again too, they've a long history of top hits.

2nd gen had a lot of bangers, what are you talking about?

It's not that 3rd gen ggs are doing bad, 4th gen ggs are outdoing them. It's normal. A group like Aespa has more growth normally than Twice, but Twice is still so much bigger. RV is consistent but are closer to 4th gen ggs, Oh My Girl is a similar thing where international fans stopped their attention and only K-fans really push for them: MAMAMOO too.

It's easier for gp to latch onto the girl groups, all they need is being young, good-looking & put out somewhat catchy songs. However it also means that the attachment is short-lived, as soon as the new batch of younger girls arrive the old ones get replaced easily. It's nothing surprising when this same scenario has happened everytime.

The smart ones already figured this out and managed to build up their individual brands outside of the typical idol image, while the rest will slowly but surely fade away watching the younger gen take over.

The real prize is those going into composing/song-writing and being consistent with it. Unglamorous Job. Lots of Money.

• I don't see that way 3rd generation girl groups have the best album sales and more longetivity on gaon

Ive doing well doesn't mean 3rd girl groups aren't doing good aside for NL I don't see any other 4th song hitting big

• Is it though? the charts now aren't based totally on the artists just in the songs, If you have hype and the right song, you will get a hit. But for example, 3rd gens ggs also have a legacy that don't let them flop that much, RV flopped with queendom yet pulled out 300m which is higher than a flop hit of 4th gen.

Also in the past year BP, OMG, BG had bigger hits than any 4th gen song except for NL. DDD, LSG and Rollin outdid all of the other hits of 4th gen, aka ASAP and Savage only. This year things may change but also we have FMR having peaks in uls higher than those 2 too, so I wouldn't count out the 3rd gen ggs in this one

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!