Aespa Coachella performance could be their big break or career suicide for them in the west

Approved the thread.
  • Agree

Let NingNing sing her heart out and they will stomp America but if they only do the choreo and lipsync they will be dead in the west

• It won't be suicidal. They can always go back to promote in korea

• even if they fail, bad publicity is still publicity they will become more popular just see lol

• It will be neither of them, it's just one of many festivals

• Who wants to hear Naevis we love you or I am a savage from a big festival like Coachella? Blackpink or 2NE1' s song can hype the audience even if they don't know their songs but Aespa's song is not catchy and only people who are interested in KPOP can understand their concept. I don't want to know about Gwuangya or Naevis or anything related to this in a festival. I really don't want Asepa to embarrass KPOP. They don't even sing live tho

• Who wants to listen about Naevis we love or I am savage in a big music festival like this? Blackpink or 2NE1's songs can hype the audience even if they don't know the songs but Aespa's song is very weird and not catchy to first listeners and GWAngya thing? Meh

• Who wants to hear Naevis we love you or I am a savage from a big festival like Coachella? Blackpink or 2NE1' s song can hype the audience even if they don't know their songs but Aespa's song is not catchy and only people who are interested in KPOP can understand their concept. I don't want to know about Gwuangya or Naevis or anything related to this in a festival. I really don't want Asepa to embarrass KPOP. They don't even sing live tho

Im guessing you haven't paid attention to the performances at Coachella throughout the years. not all performers sing happy and upbeat songs. All this negativity, people are really wishing for Aespa to flop and they're reallyy hoping for people to hate their performance. so sad to see

• It really won't be.

If they do well,then great.

If they don't,they'll receive the usual scrunity from k-pop fans they've already been receiving all this time,it will last for a day or two and then people will move on.

• It will not. And main stage audience is dead anyway, most of them are there waiting for the headliners and don't care about artists performing before them, it's just a festival after all.

• Really looking forward to their performance.

I'm sure SM will set a grand stage and have this visual effects briuhaha.

But will the members deliver? Will they lipsync and have deadpan faces again?

It's a make or break for them.

looking forward to akp being lively again on that day. Thanks Aespa.

• As usual, SM will set back all the progress other groups had made about making kpop more acceptable to the west. First it was the cringy SuperM that reeks desperation for BG and now aespa for GG. Majority of prejudice about kpop comes from SM’s representation of Kpop. It’s a no brainer why only SM acts have such problems to do well in the west.

• eh not really

if they do well then great for them

if they don't do well, it really won't change anything. their fans will continue listening to their music and the rest of kpop will continue hating on them

• they will be fine, sm will pull the lipsync again, and they will dance like always. That would be just fine for the audience. They are there to party, not to boo at people.

• Aespa I just don't see having an actual career in the west apart from tours. So the stakes imo are low, if they do well cool Aespa gets a few more listeners if they bomb the performance people talk about it and then forget all about it the next week.

• Not career suicide lol. If they act like four stunned cardboard cutouts their stans will still manage to isolate a note or an angle and hype it to death. It won't change anything for them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!