More K-pop stars of Uyghurs muslim origin ?

• Wouldn't it be interesting to have more K-pop stars of Uyghur origin ? Manny is a ethnic Uyghur, the first muslim K-pop star from the K-pop boyband "Varsity" (2017 to present). He stood out because of his foreign or mixed race looks.

( A little more historical background on Uyghurs )

In China, Uyghurs are known for their Caucasian or part Caucasian looks in Xinjiang (or East Turkistan or Tarim Basin ). Most of them look mixed race with mostly East Asian looks but many look like White, Caucasian, Middle easterner, Persian, European types. They are hired as models, actress, and play foreigners roles sometimes.

It is said the Original Uyghurs were East Asian invaders that conquered the Xinjiang/Tarim Basin inhabited by Indo-European Iranic people who were Caucasians like neighboring Tajikistan. They ended up intermixing in various degree. Uyghurs from North ended up with more East Asian features while the Southern Uyghurs with more Caucasian features. They named their country East Turkistan but was later conquered by China.

Here is how it's people look like in their traditional dress

Uyghurs in modern clothing

• I don’t have think there are any more kpop idols but Curley Gao from Bon Bon Girls 303 is Uyghur and so is Dilreba. I also hope there will be more kpop idols who are Uyghur.

Thanks. I had no idea there was another K-pop idol of Uyghur descent.

She is actually only half Uyghur so I'm not sure if that counts her as proper Uyghur. Her father is Chinese and mother is Uyghur. There are several hundreds of marriages usually between Chinese men and Uyghur women.

Her face looks more Chinese to me but her natural hair is lighter and turns brown easily, which is common traits in Uyghurs.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!