RE:SHOULD AESPA, NCT, AND RV UPLOAD MVS IN THEIR OWN CHANNELS INSTEAD?

• Yah

Otherwise how are SM groups able to track popularity ( and that ad revenue bruv)

The SM channel is getting too busy to stan any single artist alone with.

More formally, my stance is that *Both* channels should upload so that the stan can have their (group)-only content while SM or casual listeners could go to the SM channel

My ideal stance, however, is that the group channel should upload the MV, and the SM channel features it ( some odd thing where you can stick others videos onto your channel as promo)

or that SM channel creates playlists of MV's uploaded by the group channel.

However, as with the trends that other similar arrangements (1theK, Stone Music, etc) its more of a prestige thing to have the MV stuck to their channel rather than the group channel. I doubt most are going to budge soon either; I think its contractual. I would think that it was written in the contract to help companies consolidate power over the earnings of the MV, etc.

for the prestige thing, my evidence (is shaky, yes) but some fancams were deleted because their main video that they spend so time editing and creating had less views than the fancams (sub out they for any company like Mnet or any company like that). Its a pride thing to have the *best* viewcount and they wouldn't go past doctoring the numbers to make it so.

OP
  • Isn't this standard practice? JYP and BigHit do it too?

I don't think JYP uploads the music videos directly to their personal channels (Twice, Itzy, etc.)

I know that they do for their Japanese channels but doesn't JYP upload all their music videos to JYP Entertainment official channel and then puts it on the group-specific channel?

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!