Project: Slideshow Kindness

• Hello, I had an idea of a project that I wanted to launch on here. It probably won't do that well or be that successful, but I at least wanted to put it out there. It at least deserves to see the light of day. Here is what you do:

1) Think about a user you want to make this slide for. My advice would be to start off with one and then make more, so you don't get stuff as mixed up, but do whatever works best for you.

2) Discover who is friends with this user. This should be super easy, just go to their profile page and check who they follow and who follows them if you don't know off the top of your head.

3) Privately message several of their friends and ask them to tell you something nice about the user who you are making the slide for. If they ask you why, it is up to you whether you tell them or not. These messages can be as short as a sentence or several paragraphs long, however much they feel like writing about said person.

4) Not everyone replies right away, so while you wait, get to work on the next part. Go to Google Slides or PowerPoint or something like that and start making a slideshow. On this slideshow, decorate it so that the user you are making it for will like it. Some ideas include:

* Putting pictures/gifs of their favorite groups/idols

* Using their favorite colors

* Putting pictures of cute animals they like

* Make a bunch of corny puns

* Include their name on the slide in a decorative way

* Include pictures related to hobbies/things they like

Or anything else you can think of. You can include some, none or all of these ideas, as well as your own if you think of any. Finish your slide as much as you can, but, and this is very important, leave room for the messages from friends you will receive.

5) Now that everything else is finished, collect all the quotes you got from their friends for them. Put them on their slideshow however you like. You can include screenshots or just retype what they said word for word in a different font. You can put each one on a different slide or put all of them on the same slide. That's up to you.

6) Either screenshot or download your slide/slideshow. At a time when you know they will be offline, private message it to them so they can come back to a heartwarming surprise. Or send it to them when they are active to see their live reaction. Either way works.

7) Await their positive reaction!

I shouldn't need to say this, but just in case I do need to, only make positive slideshows. Don't include mean things on them. Also, they are super quick to make. They do not take long to make at all and could really make someone's day. Here is one I made for myself as an example that I finished in about ten to fifteen minutes, in case you need inspiration:

YouChanDoThis Appreciation Slide.jpg

Go forth and make some of these types of slides to distribute! I'll be making a couple for some users on here as well. Have fun and have a great day/night!

• This is a good idea! I might do this instead because it might be less work for people involved and I can give away an akorn prize for the best ones. Might modify it. Thanks for the idea! Have a great day/night!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!