Anybody else is considering leaving society!!

• I have been thinking for the last couple of months of leaving society for good. It doesn't matter how much people told me to be confident etc... I will always just end up being left out or put down for reasons outside of my own control. I just never fit in no matter how hard I tried. I am thinking of living in a place like thr mountains in a small cottage. I will just spend the rest of my life living in peace playing video games, reading books and listening to K-pop. I have an apartment that I bought when I was working but the money I get from it is so little I wouldn't be able to afford all monthly things I would need food/gas and everything else I want, I need something more stable to be able to move out for good this time, since I am not planning of keeping in touch with my family for the rest of my life anymore.

Has anybody else thought of something like this, or tried it before?

• god no one answers lounge threads anymore it's tragic and speaks volumes about the drama lovers on here.

anyways i think of trying this all the time. i don't fit in at my college and i'm scared of growing old so i would like to live in a secluded area where the years pass by and i'll never know it bc i don't really age and the world can burn down around me as i live peacefully.

• don't take it to hart my friend

it's ok if you feel like not fitting in...most of society is conditioned to fit to be a society and a collective of people who work and live together...

you just need to find yourself and who you are

• i thought a lot about this when i was younger, however i do like some commodities that come from living in a society and i'm trying to fall in love with my life.

from your post you seem to have a low self esteem, so maybe the problem is not with the society itself but in how you react to it? (i do agree that society is far from perfect, but wanting to isolate yourself is really not a good sign)

idk man moving to a forest mansion with giant glass windows and watching the rain fall as i listen to "exile (feat. Bon Iver)- the long pond studio sessions" is looking better and better by the second

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!