It’s not only 4th gen boygroups charting terrible digitally on korean charts..........

• It’s not only 4th gen boygroups charting terrible digitally on korean charts but boygroups overall in fact. It’s quite unfortunate how 4th gen started in the exact moment boygroups digitals went downhill.

3rd gen ones with million times bigger fandoms are struggling to pull 200M digital points for a song nowadays. 4th gen boygroups are just unfortunate in that aspect but for physicals they started off when the physical market in kpop is in it’s peak so is not all loses.

• i feel like the only bgs i see charting well are bts( who always charts well) and svt.

• i feel like the only bgs i see charting well are bts( who always charts well) and svt.

SVT is a weird case. On the one hand, they have over 1.5 billion digital points since Gaon started using them officially in 2018. On the other, none of their songs have passed 200 million points, so they don't have a hit song. Statistically, AJU Nice is the closest thing they have in Korea and even that's mid tier at best.

Other than BTS, the only boy groups with digitally certified hits post-2017 are

• BTOB (Only One for Me for 2.5 downloads)
    • BIGBANG (Flower Road for 2.5M downloads)
    • iKON (Love Scenario has both streaming and download certifications)

Millions by Winner and Tempo & Love Shot by EXO also did well, but can't be classified as hits.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• SVT is a weird case. On the one hand, they have over 1.5 billion digital points since Gaon started using them officially in 2018. On the other, none of their songs have passed 200 million points, so they don't have a hit song. Statistically, AJU Nice is the closest thing they have in Korea and even that's mid tier at best.

Other than BTS, the only boy groups with digitally certified hits post-2017 are BTOB (Only One for Me), BIGBANG (Flower Road), and iKON (Love Scenario). Millions by Winner and Tempo & Love Shot by EXO also did well, but can't be classified as hits either.

So Svt is a relatively stable group, like not too high but not flopping on the charts? :/

• So Svt is a relatively stable group, like not too high but not flopping on the charts? :/

They chart a title track for a month or two with some b-sides in the 101-200 range. Then they repeat it for the next album. I wouldn't call it stable, but a consistent pattern for sure.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!