I’ve been denying the fact that I have Aspergers for years

• Because I have associated it with lesser intellect. It was conditioned for me by the society that I was in.

I always knew there was something wrong with me. I suspected a slight form of autism / aspergers was what it was. This was a thought I have had since like 2015-2021. But I have denied it.

I remember getting into an argument with my mom in the middle of 2021, about 3 months out of my medication. She said to me “I know you’re on the spectrum.....”

I don’t know what else she said. That was all I heard. I got pissed off at her and snapped about how I wasn’t on the spectrum. She then pulled me close to her saying it was okay and that her boss had aspergers. I still doubted it.

The day I posted this thread was when I actually asked her. She hugged me and told me it was okay, as I cried.

My mom’s judgment is best. She works in a field to take care of autistic people / people who have Down syndrome and can easily tell the signs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!