predict how many will attend kai's online concert

Approved the thread.
  • What were baekhyuns numbers? Somewhere less than that. I might guess better if I knew his album sales. I don't know much about exo member's popularity but it seems baekhyun got 70% of the fandom.

• Baekhyun’s last 2 Korean albums sold 1 million. His debut EP was 600K.

Kai’s debut EP sold 360K.

Baekhyun drew 110,000.

So I would guess 70k-75k paid.

BL reported stats:

(Would assume non reported shows fall below 75k)

NCT Resonance - 200k

SHINee - 130K

SuJu - 123K

Baekhyun - 110k

NCT 127 - 104K

Taemin - 90K

SuperM - 75k

• But Kai sells way better than Taemin though, by your logic he would surpass his numbers

• Kai is the most promoted exo member so he should get atleast 75k if not more. Sm won't reveal the numbers if it's less than 75k.

• I think I’ll guess around 90k. Seems reasonable.

Kai has more causal fans than Baekhyun. (Hence why he does better than him on Spotify and YouTube) but Baekhyun’s fandom is significantly larger. Kpop online concerts are attended by stans and casual fans alike so I do think he can at least get 80-90k.

Let’s see how it goes! Excited one way or the other.

• 200k easily. he is an it boy anyways

• 75k or less because SM didn’t report the amount and they don’t report anything under 75K.

200k easily. he is an it boy anyways

Nope. If it was over 100K, they’d be shouting it everywhere.

They haven’t reported any BL numbers since Taemin’s show in 2021, other than when they combined the numbers with the live audiences for specific shows, most recently for NCT Dream’s Jamsil shows which they reported as 135,000 online and offline viewers. Since the two Jamsil shows represent about 80,000 of that total, that means the online show was about 55K.

This makes sense - totals for paid online shows were higher in the pandemic when there wasn’t anything else to do. And even then outside of BTS, the highest total was only 280,000 for BP. (The top SM one was NCT’s all unit show for Resonance with 200,000 paid viewers.) Plus shows were cheaper then - early shows cost $30, now they cost about $45. (Still about half the price of the cheapest physical concert ticket tho.)

It’s worth noting that 55,000 people watching may seem like a low number, but that represents $2.4M in sales. That’s more than a group makes in one night on an actual physical concert in an arena. So from the company’s perspective, they just made an extra night’s worth of business at a higher profit ratio because it costs less to just pay the camera crew on a concert they’re already doing (they’re not getting additional costs for hair, makeup and crew like they do for a standalone online concert because those costs are already happening as part of the physical concert. This is just making money on top of making money.)

• They haven’t reported any BL numbers since Taemin’s show in 2021, other than when they combined the numbers with the live audiences for specific shows, most recently for NCT Dream’s Jamsil shows which they reported as 135,000 online and offline viewers. Since the two Jamsil shows represent about 80,000 of that total, that means the online show was about 55K.

NCT Dream didn't sell out their Jamsil shows. SM didn't open seats for the third level. They had at most 50-60k audience across both dates so about 75-85k online viewers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!