My thoughts about NCT 127's 'Sticker' 2 weeks after release

• Things I like:

- The inclusion of the piano

- The prechorus is fine

- I actually really like the low dubstep-like sounds that go after the flute, dirty af

- Mark's part is fire and I love the flute on that section idc

- The flute is actually pretty fine on the chorus and the bridge too

- I love the bridge and the dance break (roll up to the party roll up roll up)

- Contrary to what it seems on a first listen, it's actually one of the title tracks where they showcase their vocals more, and the harmonization on the chorus is pretty good.

Things I don't like/ Personal Cristicisms

- The start of a song is very, very important, it's where actually most of the listeners decide if they like a song or not, and I think the flute until the piano inclusion (the first 2 verses) is way too high, which not only makes the flute dislikable for the rest of the song for a lot of people, but it hurts the replayability of the entire track. I actually like 80% of Sticker but just because of the first 35 seconds it's not as attractive to listen to as other songs where the weak point would be on on the second chorus for example.

- The choice of some of the vocal melodies with this instrumental makes up to some slightly awkward moments, where it feels that it's more about bragging them vocals than to make something sound cohesive, although I have to say that some melody variation is necessary with the way the beat goes on the verses.

- Although I like the dubstep-like part of the beat, it's a recurrent sound that can become abrassive easily for most listeners.

- Maybe this has to do more with me loving NCT 127's crazy hype songs the most, but I do still think the chorus lack some other element to make it have some punch, SPECIALLY after the dance break, for the last chorus, they could have done like many other times and make some slight changes to make it hit the hardest at the end.

Overall, I really like Sticker, but it's definitely not one of my favorites NCT 127 songs, and I hope the boys can deliver for the repackage a title track I like a little more, because I have really high standards for this group!

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• this is pretty reasonable, i agree for the most part tbh

just curious, what's your favorite 127 tt?

• this is pretty reasonable, i agree for the most part tbh

just curious, what's your favorite 127 tt?

I always said Limitless but honestly the one I'm addicted to the most and in love with is Simon Says, that bridge and the chorus is just... next level stuff. Very NCT 127 too, and with some clapbacks on the lyrics and it feels very... like they are making a statement? Like yeah, we are the real vibe killers, and proudly so. It truly has it all.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!