So it's bad when kdrama uses NK spy infiltration and romance, but it's ok to use JPN sarin gas attack?

• First a bit of real-life story:

in 1995 Aum Shinrikyo religious cult did terrorist attack in Tokyo subway

12 people died, and about 5000 were hurt by it as well.

they've spread sarin gas, a powerful neurotoxic agent.

and now we have kdrama with a plot:

“Hometown” is set in a small rural town in 1999 and centers around a police detective named Choi Hyung In, who is investigating a strange murder, and Jo Jung Hyun, who is searching for her missing niece. The two of them become involved in an incident with a terrorist named Jo Kyung Ho.

Jo Kyung Ho, who has been imprisoned for life after perpetrating an indiscriminate terrorist attack. In 1989, after studying abroad in Japan, he returned to his hometown and committed a terrorist attack by releasing lethal sarin gas into the train station. He then turned himself in and was sentenced to life imprisonment.

so where are all those Knetz whom were complaining about Snowdrop plot, ah wait...

they won't complain now because it's about Japanese event so they don't care...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• While I think netizens should wait for Snowdrop to at at least, I don't think that's comparable. This drama is a thriller, likely without romance. Also a big part of the outrage is that right-wing politicians in Korea still use the controversial "the protests were instigated by North Korean spies" narrative, and the synopsis sounds like it could feed that narrative. Handling the Korean democracy movement of the 80s in a serious way is praised by K-netizens, like with Youth of May.

• One is glamorizing it as a romance plot, the other is not?

Thats my take from just reading their plot summaries

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• unless they make the terrorist the main love interest, I fail to see the equivalency. Besides, one event hits close to home while the other had no effect on their lives.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!