The reaction to NCT Hollywood is also because of lack of SEA kpop audiences getting localization projects before the US.

• Kpop had so many audiences before US audiences became a prominent player like today : SEA first and foremost, Latin America and even Eastern Europe/Russia. The US and the west definitely is a huge market and holds a lot of power in legitimizing art forms and making them more reputable; which is why a lot of Kpop groups try to break in the US for that reason.

But there's so many things still; like the rumoured NCT Indonesia unit, RBW neglecting their Vietnamese group D1verse, unfulfilled SEA attempts like the kpop groups Tiny G and Skarf, and Zpop being mismanaged and without the best planning and NCT planned to extend to Latin America. Although there's been some positives, like Secret Number and Cignature having members from SEA or SEA ancestry and Hanbin in I-land.

But for a region that's been supporting the Hallyu wave of Kpop for years before it became a thing outside of Asia, it's really sad that they've not got fully realized localization projects by Kpop labels. Even if they have, it's by agencies with low resources, or there's not enough planning, or big companies not putting effort.

So what should the region do? SEA has Asean as a collaberation of geopolitics. So why not a Asean Produce show?

I personally if the major ent.companies in SEA came together and combined their resources, they can deliver. If they can work together with Asean, I see why not in the entertainment industry as well?

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

• The fact that there is an NCT Hollywood before there’s even a Japanese unit was bizarre, let alone the long awaited SEA unit that I could’ve sworn SM confirmed were in development since…. Well NCT U’s debut

• Uni909

Changed the title of the thread from “The reaction to NCT Hollywood is also bcs of a lack of SEA kpop audiences getting localisation projects before the US.” to “The reaction to NCT Hollywood is also because of lack of SEA kpop audiences getting localization projects before the US.”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!