Official Ayumi Hamasaki Thread

• Ayumi Hamasaki (浜崎あゆみ, Hamasaki Ayumi) is a Japanese singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, model, spokesperson and entrepreneur. Through her entire career, she has written all her lyrical content, and has sometimes composed her music.

Born and raised in Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture, Hamasaki moved to Tokyo at fourteen in 1993 to pursue a career in singing and acting. In 1998, under the tutelage of Avex CEO Max Matsuura, Hamasaki released her debut single "Poker Face" and debut major-label album A Song for XX. The album debuted at the top of the Oricon charts and remained there for five weeks, selling over a million copies. Her next ten albums shipped over a million copies in Japan, with her third, Duty, selling nearly three million. A Best, her first compilation album, is her best-selling album, with more than four million copies sold in Japan.

Hamasaki has sold over 50 million records, making her the best-selling Japanese solo artist of all time. Hamasaki has several domestic record achievements for her singles, such as the most number-one hits by a female artist (38); the most consecutive number-one hits by a solo artist (25), and the most million-sellers. From 1999 to 2010, Hamasaki had at least two singles each year topping the charts. Hamasaki is the first female recording artist to have ten studio albums since her debut to top the Oricon and the first artist to have a number-one album for 13 consecutive years since her debut. Hamasaki's remix albums, Super Eurobeat Presents Ayu-ro Mix and Ayu-mi-x II Version Non-Stop Mega Mix, is recognized as one of the best selling remix albums of all time and remain as her only albums to be recognized in a worldwide accreditation. In 2020, she opened Ayu-Mix 2020 to her fans to create their own remixes and tag them with #ayumix2020, via uploading her official acapellas to online. There was set to be an compilation made with them but AVEX has yet to give any update on such and has removed 20 of the acapellas that Ayumi uploaded to her channel on YouTube.

During the height of her career, Hamasaki was dubbed the "Empress of J-pop" because of her popularity in Japan and elsewhere in Asia. Following an ear infection in 2000, she has suffered worsening hearing loss and gradually became completely deaf as of today.

ayumi-hamasaki.png?ext=.png

This thread is to discuss any news regarding her music career.

Please be respectful in the thread.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• These past few weeks have been a bit rough for Ayumi “AYU” Hamasaki fans. The state of her 2020-2021 CDL concert was temporarily in limbo due to new restrictions from the government regarding COVID-19, but the concert ultimately had to be cancelled due to one of the staff members testing positive for the virus. Luckily for her fans, Ayu had some surprises to cheer them up for the holiday season and new year.

At her CDL concert she was supposed to debut a brand new song called “Pray for you“. Instead, she has uploaded the entire instrumental of the song on her official Instagram account. The instrumental video features a summary of her live performances this year along with BTS footage. Check it out below:

A release date for “Pray for you” has not been revealed yet.

The next very exciting surprise came on her YouTube account. For a limited amount of time every single one of her Countdown Live concerts will be available for streaming in full! Checkout the full playlist with all 17 concerts by clicking this link.

Meanwhile, Ayu’s first 2021 release will be a DVD and blu-ray of her latest concert tour ayumi hamasaki TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A – Saigo no Trouble – FINAL”. First press editions will come with a slipcase and 40 page photobook. It will hit store shelves on January 27th, 2021.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• YAS someone created an Ayu thread! I didn't see one in the old forum. Love this woman, grew up with her music since 2000 so she had a lot influence on me.

The whole music industry in suffering right now, I hope that they'll find a way to survive, because to me it seems as if this situation is gonna last quite a bit longer, I assume even throughout whole 2021.

SINGER / SONGWRITER

Instagram I YouTube I LinkTree

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!