A friend and I got to a discussion about the most depressing anime we ever watch.
There was this anime I watched in the early 2000s. I forgot the title of this anime and struggling to remember the title. I think it's only 1 season. I watched it in AXN Asia. The plot I remembered was the following (not 100% accurate):
- A modern highschool boy (Protagonist) somehow went to another dimension. a post-apocalyptic world (like MadMax)
- The protagonist met a pale girl (Girl A). founds out she has the power to generate water.
- They got captured by this militaristic group w/ an army of children.
- The leader of this group wants the power of the pale girl (generate water).
- There is another girl (Girl B) who was also captured who mistakenly identified as the one who has the power.
- Girl B got repeatedly raped by soldiers and got pregnant. Girl B killed the last rapist in self-defense. (Girl B has the most tragic story)
- Girl B hurts herself because of her series of unfortunate events. I remember a scene where she tries to hit her own tummy with a rock. The Protagonist stopped her from doing that. He promised to protect her.
- Girl B resents Girl A because of what happened to her.
- The protagonist made friends with other kid soldiers.
- Somehow they defeated the group and then the Protagonist returned to his world. I forgot what happened to Girl A and B.
Big thanks to someone who could help me recall the title.