I need MUSIC NERDS HERE.....

• I need someone to breakdown this stuff for me.

I mean, I hear the change in whenever someone posts a timestamp but I can't really make out the change accurately.

This guy, Gene Shinozaki, is a world class beatboxer. He does something with his lips while singing, it's called Lip Oscillation. He controls bass notes with it (Someone said it, not me)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can anybody tell me if its remarkable or not? I'll put timestamps for people to jump directly to the good stuff.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This one below is special.

The way he control the notes at 0:36 is so otherworldly.

And not to mention, The insanity from 1:32 onwards. That arpeggio following the lip oscillation is so good.

Also, Last one

Can anybody break it down for me what is happening from 1:52 onwards especially at 2:00 (It sounds so magical)

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Standard beat boxers tend to have to stop for a second before changing into that much of a change in tone. The fact that he seamlessly changes from angelic vocals to beat boxing an harmony in different tones back into singing is quite impressive. Many of the musicians I worked with would have to beat box record it and then go back and record their vocals after and splice them in, during mixing and mastering.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Standard beat boxers tend to have to stop for a second before changing into that much of a change in tone. The fact that he seamlessly changes from angelic vocals to beat boxing an harmony in different tones back into singing is quite impressive. Many of the musicians I worked with would have to beat box record it and then go back and record their vocals after and splice them in, during mixing and mastering.

Interesting. So basically, a master in transitions

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!