Indians outraged over racist Japanese MV 'Curry Police'

• A Japanese artist in the name of Candy Foxx released a MV riddled with Indian stereotypes and mocking Hinduism. Originally uploaded on Candy Foxx's Official YT channel, the MV reached 2m views in 24 hours before it was finally taken down after realizing they just pissed off a country with 1.3b people.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Candy Foxx's apology video:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also some Indian speaking Japanese Youtubers are getting cancelled for participating in the song/MV

• Reminds me of another JPop-MV but I forgot who made it and what it was called. The MV came out maybe 6 months ago and shows people who look like Indian in a room and begin to dance to Indian music while the vocalist sings in Japanese and somewhere in the MV the vocalists gets slapt with a Indian-fashion-sliper/shoe-thing

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I don't get it. How can you be so lacking in self awareness to not recognize the racism within your work? How much control did he even have over the MV?

They must have not had enough experience and thought that the stereotypes *were* representative of the Indian culture. Now what bothers me is that they didn't call in a second opinion when doing a piece based on another culture.

• I don't get it. How can you be so lacking in self awareness to not recognize the racism within your work? How much control did he even have over the MV?

It’s obviously disrespectful when people mock cultures but at the same time they have nothing to say when racism in their country is common

External Content youtu.be

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!