criticizing actor's acting.

• I always wondering this.

When you criticize actors' acting:

Did you understand the character?

Did you know why the actor acted this way in a certain scene?

Did you understand how they should have acted better in the scene?

I have seen many people criticize actor's acting, but I wonder if they actually know how to act better in a certain scene?

Is it just that they don't feel comfortable watch certain scenes so that they think the actor didn't act well? Or what exactly makes people complain about acting??

I think one of the most popular actings that I saw is emotionless.

I think a lot of people always say that the actor is emotionless so their acting is bad. However, I personally think that there is some scene that the actor should act without any emotion.

• im not too picky with acting but for me bad acting is when the actor took me out of the scene.

so when im watching a movie/drama and follow the storyline, a bad actor is someone who would totally wake me up from the story and make me realize im watching someone "acting". for me that's really bad.

i dont think emotionless=bad acting. over-acting is also bad. there are plenty of characters that have introvert, broody personality. they are very hard to act because the audience need to feel their emotions without the actor showing it directly. sadly a lot of bad actors choose this kind of character so they get labelled "emotionless" but it's more because they don't know how to convey such character. so instead of coming off broody they look like a piece of moving wood in the shape of a human.

• I mean, acting without emotion can be something that the actor would have wanted to portray in order to create the character. I think the characters that actually seem like that are all the more intriguing. I guess it depends on what the viewer wanted to expect...

...but I feel like people do sometimes get fooled by a "bad" first impression of an actor or character. :pepe-back-away: :pepecry:

"무중력으로 다시 수면으로 떠오를 때, 나는 다른 사람이되는 상상을한다" - 쿠사나기 모토코 (1995)

• To me bad acting is when the actor is reminding me he/she is acting be it giving too little emotions or too much. I hardly ever feel this with western dramas but in kdrama it’s Eunwoo and lee min ho and I stopped watching their dramas bc of it

Your average ggs enthusiast...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!