Is mediaplay really that bad?

• What is mediaplay even?? Is it every article published from a company thro media? Is it when they exaggerate? lie ? Compare? Mention others for clout?

95% of it girls had” stop the mediaplay “ in their comments, at the beginning and look where are they now.. is it a necessary evil ?

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• media play is specifically companies paying for articles to be written or for the articles to be on the front page of search engines. people have just defaulted to calling everything mediaplay tho sometimes it may not be and its just,,,journalists writing about things for clicks of their own accord? hard to gauge tho.

who's your favorite artist?

• Well media play is defined as companies paying for controversial articles about their artists to be written in order to gain traction, I can't imagine a "controversial" article has never backfired. At the very least the artist could get tons and tons of hate, which isn't good for anyone's mental health. And what of their general image in the industry? Idk

Make sense.. do you have something in mind? A suspected case of a company speeding a rumor?

• Hmm... If I were to think of one off the top of my head, I'd say I'm suspicious of certain bullying accusations being fabricated by the companies then getting out of control. There has to have been at least one case like that, where some intern thought it was a good idea to capitalize on the drama and pitched their idea to a higher up, but then things ended up escalating

That would be horrible omg.. but now that you mention this I feel like some female idols articles about unintentional exposure happing in public/on stage might be pushed by the company for attention. And the poor idols suffer online sexual harassment and mockery

• Media play is exaggerated articles, trying to make something look bigger than it seems.

So a lot of half truths, or some irrelevant information or record that isn’t special.

Media play can be done by the company themselves or just a random article looking for clickbait.

The thing is you never know whether the article is intentional or not.

• The term gets misused a lot, but in my opinion mediaplay is when a label tries to push a narrative about one of their groups that is untrue to make them seem more successful than they actually are in order to gain more interest, basically "fake it until you make it" kind of deal. And the information they are trying to spread doesn't necessarily have to be completely false, you can simply omits context or facts surrounding it which the reader will not pay attention to it, lying without really lying.

Is it bad ? People can have different opinions on it but for me yes it is, you're basically gaining unearned attention by lying about what you have achieved and it works.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!