Sid Meier's Civilization V

• I have always been a big fan of Civilization, particularly V with the mod Vox Populi. I'm wondering if there were any fellow K-pop fan who plays it as well?

On that note how about grand strategy/Paradox games or 4x games? As a fan of RTS/RTT and isometric rpg it's rare to find someone else interested in it and K-pop at the same time, I've been in my fair share of forums and I notice there's little overlap between more dedicated gamers. Kinda interesting and I wonder what the implications are, is it that gamers are not interested in K-pop or vice-versa? Anyway, just a random thought that I had.

• I like these games im hoping to see some new ones from Paradox I think a good scifi type civ v game is needed.

Mm, I'm not actively following Paradox but it seems they're focusing on TW games at the moment? Would be interesting to see them release a Civ-like game, though. Have you tried Endless Legend?

• I love Civ games. I'm still waiting for a good pack for Civ VI. I occasionally playing Civ V. I'm more of a RTS fan and play Age of Empires 2 with some regularity although not competitively. I used to be somewhat competitive in Starcraft and Warcraft 3. I'm really pumped for AoE 4.

• I love Civ games. I'm still waiting for a good pack for Civ VI. I occasionally playing Civ V. I'm more of a RTS fan and play Age of Empires 2 with some regularity although not competitively. I used to be somewhat competitive in Starcraft and Warcraft 3. I'm really pumped for AoE 4.

I thought Civ VI was fine but tbh I don't have as much playing time in it compared to other games.

It's sad that RTS had become more of a niche genre today, though. I liked games like AoE, Age of Mythology, Battle Realms and Warcraft, but I'm leaning more to sci-fi/guns & lasers than swords & bows. As for SC and SC2 I have some experience though far from competitive level ;D

I only went that far with MOBAs.

I'll be sure to check out AoE4 though, I wasn't aware of a new installment in the works. Hopefully this sparks some interest in the RTS genre.

• I played the Civ games a lot when I was younger, but have not played any of them the last couple of years. Well, maybe I have tested some of them a bit.

I have and are plaing a lot of the Paradox games. Mostly I like and play the Hearts of Iron games (WW2), have played them since the first game and always buy them when the come out new versions. Also played a lot of their other games, but not as much as I play Heart of Iron.

• I thought Civ VI was fine but tbh I don't have as much playing time in it compared to other games.

It's sad that RTS had become more of a niche genre today, though. I liked games like AoE, Age of Mythology, Battle Realms and Warcraft, but I'm leaning more to sci-fi/guns & lasers than swords & bows. As for SC and SC2 I have some experience though far from competitive level ;D

I only went that far with MOBAs.

I'll be sure to check out AoE4 though, I wasn't aware of a new installment in the works. Hopefully this sparks some interest in the RTS genre.

Yeah, RTS was one of the premier PC genres. Quite sad it isn't in the front. I used to play Dawn of War and Company of Heroes as well. One of my all time favorites is Supreme Commander. Sadly their sequels are just waterdown experiences.

As I get older, my APM just dropped and I can't keep up. I had to stop playing like a tryhard in SC2. I play some casual "pause RTS" like They Are Billions or building simulation games like Oxygen Not Included.

Another game I'm looking forward to play is Humankind. I imagine you're probably looking forward for it too as you mentioned Endless Legend.

• Looking at DoW 2, 3, WC3 Reforged, and later command & conquer games it seems RTS is just terrible with sequels and remakes...

Me too! Although it's unfortunate TAB runs out of content pretty quickly. Wouldn't hurt if there were more unit, walls and tower variety and/or end-game buildings. As for ONI one major gripe I have is on the automation side of things. If it had the same efficiency as Factorio it'd be great, but other than that it's a really good time sink.

I am looking forward to it, but I'm reigning in my expectations with future game releases especially after the disappointment that was Cyberpunk 2077.

• Looking at DoW 2, 3, WC3 Reforged, and later command & conquer games it seems RTS is just terrible with sequels and remakes...

Me too! Although it's unfortunate TAB runs out of content pretty quickly. Wouldn't hurt if there were more unit, walls and tower variety and/or end-game buildings. As for ONI one major gripe I have is on the automation side of things. If it had the same efficiency as Factorio it'd be great, but other than that it's a really good time sink.

I am looking forward to it, but I'm reigning in my expectations with future game releases especially after the disappointment that was Cyberpunk 2077.

Yeah, don't remind me of these three games. I got mad with these releases. With C&C I kinda expected because EA, but with WC3 Reforged was the nail in the coffin on my diminished trust in Blizzard. I'm very apprehensive about Diabo 2 Resurrected even thou the company doing the remake seems honest. In the end it's Blizzard. They may fuck the client like they did with WC3R. The graphics and other stuff I could forgive, but the multiplayer and custom map side of it was too much.

TAB is pretty thin in content. It had so much potential if it had more map variety and robust custom map creator. I do play the challenge of week if I feel like it. I'm afraid of playing Factorio. It seems I gonna sink 1000+ hours on that.

Yeah, games nowadays is all about controlled expectations. I kinda knew Cyberpunk wouldn't be all that was promised and it was still disappointing. I'm liking what I see from Humankind. I won't buy it on release. I just wait for all expansion package later like I'm doing with Civ VI. Civ V on release was a bit light on content too.

• Yeah, don't remind me of these three games. I got mad with these releases. With C&C I kinda expected because EA, but with WC3 Reforged was the nail in the coffin on my diminished trust in Blizzard. I'm very apprehensive about Diabo 2 Resurrected even thou the company doing the remake seems honest. In the end it's Blizzard. They may fuck the client like they did with WC3R. The graphics and other stuff I could forgive, but the multiplayer and custom map side of it was too much.

TAB is pretty thin in content. It had so much potential if it had more map variety and robust custom map creator. I do play the challenge of week if I feel like it. I'm afraid of playing Factorio. It seems I gonna sink 1000+ hours on that.

Yeah, games nowadays is all about controlled expectations. I kinda knew Cyberpunk wouldn't be all that was promised and it was still disappointing. I'm liking what I see from Humankind. I won't buy it on release. I just wait for all expansion package later like I'm doing with Civ VI. Civ V on release was a bit light on content too.

Remains to be seen but I hope they give Diablo justice. ActiBlizz is a stain on the gaming industry in a different way EA does. But for now when I'm itching for some Diablo-like experience the best alternative seem to be Grim Dawn or Path of Exile(though I'm not big on online games so haven't tried it)

As for Factorio if you do end up liking the game, yeah it'd be a huge time sink as a single savefile could last 200+ hours easily so not the best idea if you don't have much time.

I didn't watch any gameplay reveal on Humankind (just the trailer and comments on the game review) in the past few years I've preferred diving into a game blind as I find it more enjoyable. Less expectations too. I see there's generally positive feedback on it though so that's good, if it does well on release I'm definitely getting it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!