I remember when I used to take this literally

• Well... I'm not an expert in football or what Americans call "soccer". I'm not a football player and I also don't watch football much, but I know that you should not touch the ball with your hands (unless you're the goalkeeper). Like it is called "football" for a reason.

Or at least, when I was younger and played football with other children, if it happened that you touched it with your hands, the other would be yelling "HAND!". (not sure what the English version would be called)

There was a time when I was playing football with some other girls.

And I remember that the ball went flying towards me about to hit my face, so I protected my face with my arms and the ball hit my upper arms instead. (I was also wearing glasses and not wanting to break them)

And they started yelling "HAND!"

I responded with "No, it hit my arms, not my hands"

But I think they were like "That's still hand".

I can't remember what happened afterwards though.

I don't think I got any "punishment" for it.

But well... that taught me that "hand" in that context doesn't just literally mean hand, it also means "arm".

Not at younger me getting yelled at for just trying to protect my face and glasses.

• Haha those are the rules, i can see why your friends yelled "hands" because its an opportunity (for opposite team) and against the rule at the same time. You get a free kick or a penalty for that.

But I also feel sorry for you getting yelled at for protecting your face awe. :holding-back-tears:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!