According to Oricon Reiwa Ranking, BTS is the best selling artist with 48.15 billion yen or 312m USD

• Is this just music sales or includes touring as well?

Regardless this just proves that BTS are arguably the biggest foreign act ever in Japan. Other kpop acts don't even compare...

Even if it's just 5 years data, it is iconic that a foreign act is the most consumed artist in Japan in those last 5 years. Just shows how popular BTS actually are in Japan. They are not just beating other foreign acts there but local acts too in terms of music consumption.

And they haven't even stepped a foot in Japan since September 2019. So this is just the beginning.....

• Touring is not included. It's album, DVD/blu-ray, and digital sales.

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Why are people saying Arashi are inactive? Because I remember them clearly releasing songs by Bruno Mars around dynamite era

The Bruno cover was one of the last things they did in Sept 2020. They are technically in a hiatus since Dec 31, 2020. All release since then are planned content prior the hiatus - mainly compilation albums. Also since the Johnny scandal, they worked to establish their own company and since then each member on their own things + get married - family etc. I think they will return eventually when they square and be independent of Johnny’s.

• And we have users on akp trying to convince us that BTS isn’t the biggest kpop act in Japan when they are literally the biggest foreign artist since Michael Jackson and consistently competing with the biggest local artists in Japan

On the outside, that's how they want to appear. But when the TRUTH sinks in, haters be like . . . . .

Banging Head GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

OR

Tantrum GIF - Find on GIFER

Add a sound bite of "f-bombs" here and there to complete the imagery. ^^^^^^

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Who said streams don’t pay :eyes: ???

• The Bruno cover was one of the last things they did in Sept 2020. They are technically in a hiatus since Dec 31, 2020. All release since then are planned content prior the hiatus - mainly compilation albums. Also since the Johnny scandal, they worked to establish their own company and since then each member on their own things + get married - family etc. I think they will return eventually when they square and be independent of Johnny’s.

That song didn’t sound like any Bruno track I’ve heard. It was an original song

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!