Yonhap News confirms that Son Heungmin and Lee Kang In fought day before Korea - Jordan Asian Cup semi-final!

• holy shit :wow:

"It has been reported in the media that I had an argument with Son Heung-min before our semifinal match at the Asian Cup. I have caused great disappointment to fans who always support our national team. I am really sorry," Lee wrote in his Instagram story. "I should have set an example and listened to older teammates. I'd like to apologize to many people who must be disappointed in me."

The KFA said Lee, 22, and some other younger players on the team left the team dinner early to play table tennis. Son, who saw the meal as an opportunity for team bonding, took issue with that and suffered his injury during an ensuing scuffle.

The story took on a life of its own as the day progressed. Sources familiar with the incident said when Son confronted Lee, the younger player threw a punch in response but didn't connect with the captain. Son then dislocated his finger when other players tried to separate him and Lee, according to the sources.

Son played the Jordan match on Feb. 6 with his right index and middle fingers strapped together.

South Korea lost the match 2-0, coming up short of ending their 64-year title drought at the top AFC tournament. South Korea, world No. 23, failed to put a shot on goal in the shock loss to a team sitting 64 spots below them in the FIFA rankings.

PSG midfielder Lee Kang-in apologizes over Asian Cup row with Son Heung-min | Yonhap News Agency
    By Yoo Jee-ho SEOUL, Feb. 14 (Yonhap) -- Caught in the center of controversy over a nati...
    en.yna.co.kr

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This whole thing sucks. And for kang it's worse because he started it. Everyone loves son because he's always been seen as nice caring etc. for context for kpop fans this would be like if another idol beat up jimin because he asked him to stay for the team. Everyone knows jimin is a kind sweet guy so beating on the kind adorable one always makes people angry. So this is why soo many are upset with him .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!