Unpopular opinion, probably, but it was better when Mnet was rigging the survivals

• It’s a matter of opinion. Personally I don’t agree that Chowon or Kaeun would fit the group. Chowon is doing similar concept in her group, but it doesn’t hit. Karin also seems to mature for izone concept. It might be true that there were bribes, but at the same time it could be that they didn’t accept all bribes, just of the trainees they were okay with. There’s no way to really know

As an additional comment on this one: Chowon did a similar concept in her Cube group and has shown she can fit in with that sort of concepts, that's all that counts. Whether it was a success or not is not on her, that's on Cube and the song they chose.

As for the PD's rigging, no, I don't think they had a wide choice of bribes and candidates of bribing companies, I think it was just those few candidates of just those few companies.

But what was the PD's own choice was the actually valid candidates that needed to get booted.

Think about it: they didn't just simply go for the #11 and #12. They went for Kaeun and Chowon, specifically.

I think they chose them because they either thought they could get away with it because those two were more acceptable choices, or because in the PDs' opinion those fit the group the least.

Kaeun, the PD's could use the 'too old' argument, and in the show you'll notice that suddenly in 1 of the last episodes, a jury comment pops up in how Kaeun was maybe too old for cute concepts.

Chowon, she was the most dark skinned of the remaining candidates, and she had been an outlier for a long time before her epic rise.

We'll never know how things would've been if the PDs hadn't rigged things or what exactly happened in the background, of course. But some things jump out regardless, and 1 of them was the actually valid candidates these PDs opted to remove.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• the issue wasn't Mnet picking but rather they deceived the public

you must've watched 16 my friend? it was part voted and part decided by JYP

the difference is that JYP told everyone what the deal was before the ultimate lineup was decided...

if Mnet said the breakdown of how the contestants were decided was 50/50 votes and Mnet's own decision there wouldn't have been an uproar since Ment was being transparent

it's like that in any interaction in real life - whether relationships or work or whatever

in a relationship if your partner told you he/she was a player and would continue sleeping with other people - they told you full disclosure and if you continue being with them that's your choice - but if they didn't and slept with other people that's cheating

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!