New Jeans Danielle vs Morissette Amon - Vocal Showdown.

• Which performance is superior? 10

1. Danielle (2) 20%
    2. Morissette (8) 80%

Who ended whom here?

Dany (is this live? I saw fanvids that made it seem live but then this official version from Music Bank looks a little overpolished compared to Mori who is clearly singing live).

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mori (audio quality horrific due to live recording)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• House, I don't think it's a fair comparison. Danielle has a very pleasant sweet voice but Morissette is a VOCALIST on a different level.

It's like comparing Whitney Houston to Taylor Swift. Or Celine Dion to Ariana Grande. They are all good singers on their own but one can definitely tell the difference between a good singer from a great one.

Speaking of Morissette. This is breathtaking:

External Content www.youtube.com

• This specific performance was the first time i heard Morissette, i was hooked afterwards. I still think it's the greatest pop vocal performance i've ever heard, that song seems incredibly difficult and she pulled off every riff beautifully, and her voice was at its absolute peak, the airy delicate falsetto, the powerful chest voice, and that emotional raspy edge and the way her voice cracks and crackles omg, i musta replayed this video a thousand times literally.

This actually set me off in my journey to find alternative music beyond local pop, which eventually brought me to Blackpinkhouse and Kpop ;( .

• I've seen Morissette's rise from when she won the Philippine singing competition to her family scandals and to where she is now. Over a decade.

If she was born in the USA and with a talent like that, her success would have been exponentially higher. She would have been a great contender against all the current American female vocalists. I would have loved to see that. But of course, I'm being realistic. She has no white privilege.

But anyway, that was still not fair to Danielle. Find another comparison and let's see how Danielle fares. ^^^^

• I've seen Morissette's rise from when she won the Philippine singing competition to her family scandals and to where she is now. Over a decade.

If she was born in the USA and with a talent like that, her success would have been exponentially higher. She would have been a great contender against all the current American female vocalists. I would have loved to see that. But of course, I'm being realistic. She has no white privilege.

But anyway, that was still not fair to Danielle. Find another comparison and let's see how Danielle fares. ^^^^

You've been following her for that long?! I only stumbled upon her after this Rise Up video came out in 2017.

I felt so sad for her when her vocal chords were damaged, do you remember her insane concerts she did in early 2018, i remember feeling so worried for her when i saw the fanvids that came out of the concerts, she was belting nonstop for 2+ hours it seemed like ;(;( . I remember wondering how she would be able to pull off a live performance at the Asia Song Festival in 2018 and she ended up killing everyone with her extra emo rendition of the Big Mama song ;(;(;( .

I know she has to follow her own path which seems to be OPM focused now, but i still occasionally spam her cover performances in Korea (both in 2018 and 2017), her cute meet up with Seventeen...a part of me is still hoping against hope that she has somehow remained in contact with a Seventeen member or some other Kpop industry insider...i am still praying for a collab or a stage for Morissette in the Kpop world... i mean not only can she stand still and belt like a vocal diva, the girl is a literal ace onstage, singing, dancing, rapping omg.

• She gave it all but she did it a little bit too much. She didn't want to disappoint her fans. She's a professional.

Her interaction with Seventeen during that Asia Song Festival was really cute. The boys were moved by her performance. But holy shit! Her song, Resignation, gave me goosebumps. She was phenomenal. She still is. :red-heart:

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!