The Givers Deny Allegations of Copyright and Signature Forgery Regarding FIFTY FIFTY's 'CUPID'

• The Givers have responded to allegations regarding the rights to the song 'Cupid' by FIFTY FIFTY. (Highlights my own)

On the 18th, The Givers stated, "The Givers initially purchased the rights to 'Cupid' for a third-party artist, completely unrelated to ATTRAKT or FIFTY FIFTY. Therefore, the premise that we secretly acquired the rights without ATTRAKT's knowledge is distorted."

They further added, "We have sufficient communication records with the original publisher of 'Cupid' and other relevant parties, which will be presented to investigative agencies or in court proceedings."

Regarding the claim that Ahn Sung-il, the representative of The Givers, owns approximately 95% of the 'Cupid' shares, they clarified, "The ownership details listed on the Korea Music Copyright Association website should reflect the actual shares held by the writers of the completed work at the time of registration. It is natural that the names of the Swedish original composers who transferred the rights to The Givers before registration are not included." They explained, "The distribution of shares was determined based on the actual level of participation in lyric writing, composition, and arrangement. The Givers hold 66.85%, Ahn Sung-il (SIAHN) holds 28.65%, AHIN holds 4%, and KEENA holds 0.5% is entirely false"

Regarding the allegations of forging the signatures of Swedish composers during the process of changing the shares, they stated, "The copyright registrants for the completed version of 'Cupid' are The Givers and others, and The Givers are the entity that acquired the rights to the original version of 'Cupid'. We have been delegated or transferred all rights related to the registration and utilization of the original version from the overseas composers and their publishers. This means that we have even received all the authority to fulfill the registration process from them. We will provide specific evidence to support this claim to investigative agencies or in court proceedings."

Previously, An Sung-il has been caught up in allegations that he acquired the copyright of 'CUPID' without ATTRAKT's knowledge. Additionally, there were allegations of forging the signatures of Swedish composers during the process of securing up to 95.5% of the 'Cupid' shares.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full statement from The Givers

Edit: added full statement

• We have been delegated or transferred all rights related to the registration and utilization of the original version from the overseas composers and their publishers. This means that we have even received all the authority to fulfill the registration process from them. We will provide specific evidence to support this claim to investigative agencies or in court proceedings."

Hold on, so they basically agree that they signed on the composers behalf but the argument is that they got their consent for that? I don't think that's legally allowed. If true then they'll fall victim to their own stupidity. They could've sent a scanned copy and get the actual signatures, will be dumb if they fall due to their own lazyness of getting the actual signatures.

OMFG both sides are so stupid and incompetent in this case, there is a reason these small agencies aren't meant to make it, they are literally bad at their jobs.

• Hold on, so they basically agree that they signed on the composers behalf but the argument is that they got their consent for that? I don't think that's legally allowed. If true then they'll fall victim to their own stupidity. They could've sent a scanned copy and get the actual signatures, will be dumb if they fall due to their own lazyness of getting the actual signatures.

OMFG both sides are so stupid and incompetent in this case, there is a reason these small agencies aren't meant to make it, they are literally bad at their jobs.

I'm not a signature expert, but who knows, those signatures could be different b/c the composers used something like Docusign.

This is still a loss for The Givers as Attrakt's smear campaign will be covered by media more. Something about lies travelling faster than the truth.

• Hold on, so they basically agree that they signed on the composers behalf but the argument is that they got their consent for that? I don't think that's legally allowed. If true then they'll fall victim to their own stupidity. They could've sent a scanned copy and get the actual signatures, will be dumb if they fall due to their own lazyness of getting the actual signatures.

Aren't they talking about the whole registration process? not necessarily faking, doing or forging signatures. lol

• Aren't they talking about the whole registration process? not necessarily faking, doing or forging signatures. lol

Read the part I highlighted. They say they got their consent to fill out form, which is where the signature is. So they are basically saying "yes we did put the signatures".

• Are people really not familiar with DocuSign? It's used to obtain a signature electronically. You can either attempt to sign your signature using your finger or mouse or you can sign in a pre-selected font. I know if I tried to sign my signature with my mouse, it wouldn't look accurate.

The forgery one will definitely be disproven if that's what they're basing it on.

• Read the part I highlighted. They say they got their consent to fill out form, which is where the signature is. So they are basically saying "yes we did put the signatures".

I mean the highlighted part says "received all the authority to fulfill the registration process from them" could mean they did complete the process for them with the right documents, it doesn't necessarily mean they did something illegal like faking the signatures(i.e. it could be digitally signed by the right people or something).

• I mean the highlighted part says "received all the authority to fulfill the registration process from them" could mean they did complete the process for them with the right documents, it doesn't necessarily mean they did something illegal like faking the signatures(i.e. it could be digitally signed by the right people or something).

Yeah, nevermind that entire purpose of this communication was to address the signature issue. :pepe-just-smile:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!