Osamu Tezuka's "Black Jack" To Get New Manga Series... Written By An AI

• Black Jack Gets AI Manga
    www.animenewsnetwork.com

Black Jack Gets AI Manga

Osamu Tezuka's classic Black Jack series is getting a new manga co-produced by Tezuka Productions and artificial intelligence (AI). The new AI manga will launch in Akita Shoten's Weekly Shōnen Champion magazine this fall as part of the "TEZUKA2023" project and to commemorate Black Jack's 50th anniversary.

black-jack-ai.png

The AI is based on chatbot ChatGPT-4. The project utilizes technology developed under contract by the New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), a research and development agency in Japan. Keio University's Faculty of Science and Technology Professor Satoshi Kurihara and Tezuka Production's Makoto Tezuka (also known as Macoto Tezka) are also participating in the project.

Tezuka's original Black Jack manga centers on a brilliant maverick doctor who practices without a license. Tezuka published the manga in Akita Shoten's Weekly Shōnen Champion magazine from 1973 to 1984

-

i never read "Black Jack" but the idea sounds terrible (at least to me) i mean nothing stops me or anyone else from asking ChatGPT to write whatever the hell we want but that misses the point of why an story is interesting to the readers, is not just the content of the story but also the vision of the writer, that's why people has their favorite authors and can even feel a connection with their works, no matter how accurate an AI gets they can never emulate that

personally if the author of a manga i liked was to be replaced by someone else i would probably lose interest in the story let alone if they put an AI in charge

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!