Why does Hybe sabotage BTS’s sales?

• This started from Be era, post Dynamite, Hybe suddenly makes it much harder for BTS to have high sales. Be has one version costing 50$ or more, Butter also was expensive, then the Proof album with few versions and only 3 new songs. No fancalls too. If BTS pushes maximum versions, add fancalls and price the albums as other groups, they easily could do 7M. If Hybe pushed the other groups to have higher sales, why do they do the opposite to BTS?

• Your one thread with a valid point lol.

The idea of a label holding their leading artist back so the label doesn't seem too dependent on them is something that would only happen in K-Pop. Anyone else would be maximizing the fuck out of an artist like BTS's sales potential.

I swear HYBE better come out in 2025 with world-class distro and promo for whatever BTS releases next. There will be no excuse left to not come out full-force with might.

We don't need 20 versions, but just give them normal major star level options that even Western artists get. (Vinyl, cassette etc.)

• I am expecting full on promo and all the accompaniments after renewal and their return from enlistment.

• they might not have the fanbase they have today

• every single person with 2 working braincells knows why... many of us have been saying it for years too

any other company would have handled an artist of bts' calibre, which is in the league of Adele/Taylor/.., better

it's genuinely a hopeless case & hybe will keep getting away with the obvious sabotaging of bts' potential

• Not all BTS members did fancalls so i don't think some of them like to do fancalls etc and they released only 3 songs because they were clearly working on their solo stuff

BTS don't need 10 versions to sell 7m

If they release 2-3 versions , they can sell 3-4m easily and I think they will be like Beatles who can still sell albums because their fanbase is that big

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!