[pann] I've got ghosted because of my tattoos

• AVvXsEhHSU1_6f0P-ym1ukg0L7QmKTMnzj3uDwOr_cLdzNATe-LhSosuTq6EKpli7I8aw_OBaRcbv0RP-bd3acpf4VowTTNqajJJRaqjvMgNmSWk_4Ts49qdxkH22gGzFoZoiVfBlwtY92jb5WTyxjJYwfwc0H3AN3SVFkPpTgcGOA-knYEtTT-W0J6YFJXY=s16000

"My some turned ghosted me for my tattoos"

I'm 1m60 and 48kd.
    I think my looks are just average...
    I have one sleeve of tattoos on only one arm starting from my shoulder
    I usually put only light makeup and I don't dress provocatively so people can never tell whether I have them.
    Yesterday, I planned to go watch cheery blossoms with my guy some so I wore a dress that showed my shoulders and finger tips on my date. My some loked at my tattoos in between the "holes" of my dress.. Right now it's 1pm and he still hasn't contacted me yet
    If I look average and I have tattoos, would it be bad to guys? Is that a total turn off?

For reference, I've been debating on this for a long time. Ever since I was in middle school until my mid-20s, this was a design that I've always wanted to do, I did them one by one and it was so painful... (I really treasure my tattoos so please don't diss them ㅠㅠ)

post response:
    [+153][-3]

original post: here

1. [+175, -2]
    It's your freedom to get tattoos all you want but it's also people's freedom to pass on you all they want

2. [+112, -3]
    I don't think that everyon who gets tattoos are thugs but 99% of people who are thugs have tattoos...

3. [+98, -2]
    You'd be lying if you didn't know what it'd imply

4. [+75, -4]
    Whether it's on men or women, I hate it

5. [+55, -4]
    Even if it's only one arm, isn't it still a huge tattoo? I feel like even for small tattoos and lettering, people would get judged on that, so of course men who have no tattoos would hate that

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 1pm? Maybe the guy is still sleeping off his hangover

Why would he had hangover after Cherry Blossom date?

WAs he so shocked about tats that he needed to get drunk?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• don't think that everyon who gets tattoos are thugs but 99% of people who are thugs have tattoos...

Whether it's on men or women, I hate it

THIS!. This is a very common sentiment among people in Asia as a whole but also especially here in Korea. Yes attitudes towards this is slowly changing, but it's still predominantly the perception people have. This is even true for idols. If Jungkook for some reason couldn't be recognized say he was wearing a mask that made him nearly impossible to recognize unless you were in his face lol. The average person including some fans would avoid him on the street thinking he's some hoodlum or something.

Even the police would be a little suspicious of him. Soon as the mask is gone, everyone goes to condition green like oh its just kookie.

That being said, people who want to get tattoos are free to do so BUT that doesn't mean people have to accept you for what you decide to do to your body. Everyone has a right to like what they like,you are not entitled to others just because you make certain decisions that you know may impact your quality of life.

Make your choices wisely.

• THIS!. This is a very common sentiment among people in Asia as a whole but also especially here in Korea. Yes attitudes towards this is slowly changing, but it's still predominantly the perception people have. This is even true for idols. If Jungkook for some reason couldn't be recognized say he was wearing a mask that made him nearly impossible to recognize unless you were in his face lol. The average person including some fans would avoid him on the street thinking he's some hoodlum or something.

Even the police would be a little suspicious of him. Soon as the mask is gone, everyone goes to condition green like oh its just kookie.

That being said, people who want to get tattoos are free to do so BUT that doesn't mean people have to accept you for what you decide to do to your body. Everyone has a right to like what they like,you are not entitled to others just because you make certain decisions that you know may impact your quality of life.

Honestly here in Poland it's very similar. If a girl would have one small tattoo on back, near collarbone or on the feet then people wouldn't mind, but when you see a one which has sleeve just like that one Korean girl which wrote this thread people would be suspicious as well.

It doesn't make you bad person when you have tattoos but it makes people wonder what is your background when they see you.

• THIS!. This is a very common sentiment among people in Asia as a whole but also especially here in Korea. Yes attitudes towards this is slowly changing, but it's still predominantly the perception people have. This is even true for idols. If Jungkook for some reason couldn't be recognized say he was wearing a mask that made him nearly impossible to recognize unless you were in his face lol. The average person including some fans would avoid him on the street thinking he's some hoodlum or something.

I think rather than saying Asia you should specify East Asia. Tattooing is a part of our culture in South Asia and it is not frowned upon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!