Girl group doomsday posts are tiring

• Whenever a new girl group is on a rise there’s an influx of pessimistic posts about how their success won’t hold up and how they’re just the new shiny thing or when a popular girl group’s comeback doesn’t chart as well as their last one there’s all of a sudden this narrative that they’re fading into obscurity.

But at this point it’s not just extremely popular girl groups who fall victim to this. Nowadays even an ounce of recognition triggers these posts. At first it happened with TripleS & now it’s happening with XG with posts about how they’re going to fail all because their songs gained some traction & people are starting to show interest in them.

I really don’t understand what’s the purpose of these negative projections? Originally I thought doomsday posts came from bitter fans of other big girl groups but atp I’m starting to think some of you just hate seeing women succeed in general cause these groups aren’t a threat to anyone yet they’re still getting flack.

cc: https://www.reddit.com/r/kpopr…oomsday_posts_are_tiring/

• Hey, I didn't know linking to external sites were allowed again?! Or just reddit? Or just not other k-pop sites that are allowed? :whatb::/

Was this your post on reddit, or someone else's? And is this about reddit or akp, or all k-pop media?

Anyway, my experience is that there are 'glass half full' people and 'glass half empty' people: there's a number of people who, maybe partly due to a miserable youth, or negatively oriented mind set or worldview, tend to look at things more negatively and also draw more negative conclusions. This is also in K-pop, but you'll notice that it's often not limited to K-pop: the same people often tend to see things more negatively in every aspect of their life, it's just often how they see things and the world around them.

It's not even about right or wrong, it's simply a different way of seeing the world :wellr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!