iKON's new CEO, DM, clarifies "Yang Hyunsuk stated support that existing iKON songs released by YGE can be sung without any problems at upcoming concerts.”

• This after YG has allowed iKON to continue to use their name which is a trademark owned by YG

Edaily

"Yang Hyun-suk also fully supports"... Reasons for looking forward to the second act of iKON’s activities

Enter 2023.01.03. 11:53 am

Leaving YG Entertainment , keeping all 143 Entertainment groups and team names,

preparing for a comeback in April

0005399126_001_20230103115302127.jpg?type=w430view original
    iKON (Photo = 143 Entertainment)

[E-Daily Star in Reporter Kim Hyun-sik]

Is there a more perfect new start than this? Boy group iKON has opened its second act in the bird's nest.

On the 1st, iKON made it official to join 143 Entertainment. Earlier, when it was known that they were leaving YG Entertainment, where they had been working since their debut in 2015, some voiced concern, saying, "Isn't the whole group breaking?" Among them, iKON immediately dispelled concerns by announcing that all six members had a new start from one nest.

Usually, when the 7-year exclusive contract signed with the existing agency is over, in most cases, the members belonging to the group scatter to different nests and focus on individual activities. On the other hand, iKON, unlike other groups, once again got on the same boat. This shows their affection for the team and their strong will to promote as a 'complete group'.

While announcing their new start, iKON said, "We worked together with the members with the premise of 'perfect group' activities that will never be broken as a top priority." said.

0005399126_002_20230103115302164.jpg?type=w430view original
    iKON team logo (Photo=143 Entertainment)

0005399126_003_20230103115302174.jpg?type=w430view original
    iKON (Photo = YG Entertainment)

It is also noteworthy that they kept the precious team name. In the new nest, they will continue their activities under the existing team name iKON, which is a combination of 'ICON' and 'K', which means K-pop, with the will to 'become a team that leads K-pop'.

It is unusual for all idol group members to sign a contract with a new agency and continue music activities without a break while maintaining the existing team name. Previously, all the members of Highlight agreed to continue their team activities under the new agency, but as the trademark rights were not transferred from the former agency, they had to come up with a new team name to replace the existing team name BEAST.

Regarding the maintenance of the team name, DM (Digital Master), the representative producer of 143 Entertainment, thanked Yang Hyun-suk, general producer of YG Entertainment, for his consideration for raising the icon.

In a phone call with Edaily on the 3rd, DM Producer said, "I am grateful to Producer Yang Hyun-suk for his consideration, who promised 'I will provide full support so that iKON will not experience any inconvenience in their activities'" have been able to We have decided to support the existing iKON songs released by YG Entertainment so that they can be sung without any problems at upcoming concerts.”

0005399126_004_20230103115302195.jpg?type=w430view original
    iKON (Photo = YG Entertainment)

Producer DM was a member of the hip-hop duo YMGA at YG Entertainment in the past, and also worked as a music producer. This is a part that makes us look forward to synergy with iKON, who has been loved for their hip-hop-based music such as 'Love Scenario', 'Sniper for Taste', 'Goodbye Road', 'Rhythm Ride', and 'Killing You'.

iKON started preparing for a new album with the goal of releasing it in April. Since their debut, the songs written and composed by themselves have been included in the album, and they have been proud of their extraordinary musicality. Producer DM said, "I've been watching the iKON members since 'Mix and Match' (YG Entertainment's own survival show)" and "I will help each member to fully display their talents."

Hyunsik Kim

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Blue2012

Changed the title of the thread from “iKON's new CEO, DM, clarifies "Yang Hynsuk stated support that existing iKON songs released by YGE can be sung without any problems at upcoming concerts.”” to “iKON's new CEO, DM, clarifies "Yang Hyunsuk stated support that existing iKON songs released by YGE can be sung without any problems at upcoming concerts.””.
  • Poor 2Ne1

They didnt all transfer as a team to the same label.

Also CL was more interested in being a solo artist. Glad it worked out for all of them though.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• songs hold no value so no reason for YG to hold onto them

False. They do.

They are copywrited and earnings from such copywrites can be significant in some cases, as is the case with arguably the biggest idol song in Korean history with "Love Scenario" to which B.I has stated his income is significant.

Also YG could prevent them from using them at concerts in which they receive income, but has chosen not to do so.

Songs also have earnings from several platforms.

YG Family

1080x360

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!